Quarterback Change

Here Tom… very interesting article about Bushman this year and what Bushman himself says about it…

Chris,

This is interesting… listen to the podcast…

I am beginning to wonder??

Of all the things we should be talking about that are wrong with the program right now, Chiding Bronco for the “talent he brought in” is the LAST thing anyone should be mentioning.

Virginia is ranked in the top 25 right now. Bronco’s coaching ability speaks for itself. BYU fans lack knowledge and rarely appreciate how good they have it.

I agree with your post generally, but leave Bronco out of the conversation, he deserves a lot more credit than he ever got.

Nailed it Tom.

You mean the guys who made the back to back false start penalties when BYU had the ball first and goal at the 5 yard line?

Yeah, Wilson makes the 7 yard throws look easy, just like Tanner did with the 5 yard throws.

Maybe the O line could ask the Akron Zips for some advice, they were able to open up holes and protect the QB enough to put 26 points on the board.

Ummm…wrong. He has thrown sideline passes consistently that Tanner can’t throw and complete. Also, he’s thrown some great touch passes Tanner can’t do. Wilson is far superior.

Really? Do you think Bronco suddenly quitting did not have something to do with the level of talent he was bringing in?

He himself said “Independence” is not sustainable, so what did he say that? could it be that the in ability to bring in better talent makes sustaining independence status harder and Bronco saw it coming and fled the sinking ship before it could be “Chided” on him?

Bronco was a good defensive coach, no doubt about it. But you have to wonder when Detmer comes in and says that the talent level is not where it needs to be, confirmed by Grimes… Then who “Fault” is that we have true freshman starting instead of seniors?

yep, the same guys that blew holes in Wisconsin Defensive line to allow Canada to run…

Funny thing, I watched the Oakland vs SF game last night and guess what I saw “False Start” on the professional level…
So I am not sure why you picked on the false starts of these two freshman. Overall false starts have gone this year compared to the last three years.

Very good points Floyd. I say Sitaki has a couple of years to show he has improved the talent and coaching abilities.

The OL has been pretty good about not committing those kinds of momentum killers this year. But, they are freshman and were going up against the best defense we have faced this year.

I don’t think Bronco’s leaving had anything to do with anything other than $15 million guaranteed. And more power to him because he’s showing UVA he’s worth every penny.

I think there is some reason in the way the fans got prideful expecting more and more. We forgot how we were winning the games we should win and didn’t appreciate the winning seasons. Now, we look back and see how good we had it. Those 10 game winning seasons look pretty good now.

No, but I do think his “suddenly quitting” had a lot to do with the fact that he was offered a much higher paying job at a school that would pay him a lot more money.

The reason I picked on it was because they were terrible penalties at the worst possible time. The lack of focus when it was needed the most contributed greatly to the loss.

LOL… the same defense that gave up 26 points to the mighty Akron Zips. Lesser teams (or so we think) scored more points against NIU than BYU did and the Cougars were at home!. Stop with the excuses…

Too funny.

Exactly Tom…

I can’t believe some of the stuff that people come up with for reasons why others do things. Bronco “quitting” because of the lack of talent he was able to supposedly recruit is a joke.

Of course they do. I was saying this all along but I failed to remember that BYU fans are generally ignorant and have short memories along with little appreciation or patience.

Check out the other teams and you will see with your eyes instead of your nose :slight_smile: