Hello to Everyone

Hi,

My name is Sumit Sharma. I am new member of the community and i like to say hello to all members.

Hello Sumit Sharma -

Welcome to the Scott Gavenman arguing about BYU sports discussion forum.

1 Like

Welcome Sumit!

I think Jim about summed up this board with one sentence… :wink:

Hi,

Thanks for the warm welcome

Most of us are sane and forthright in our discussion of BYU sports. Likewise when we have been shown to be in error, we acknowledge it and learn from it.

There is one poster who continues to struggle with it, just giving you fair warning. :grinning:

Hello Sumit. How is it at the top?
We welcome you to a great place to voice your opinion. Don’t worry if your opinion is shot down by Hawks and Associates. There are others with different views. Be strong and you will have a great time and meet great people!

:dizzy_face:

Hi,

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

We haven’t heard from you? Feel free to to speak.

Hi,

Yeah sure thanks Mr. Grasshopper. Busy these days, will join u soon. Tell me about you.

Well, I graduated from BYU in 1980. I was baptized into the Church while at BYU as a convert from Judaism. My family still loves me and didn’t perform a funeral :smile:
I’m a diehard BYU fan. Married, 3 children and 2 grand children who live with us.
I’m a master of logic and reason. Been in the martial arts for 46 years. Coached high school basketball for 10 years. Taught high school math and P.E. For 20 years. Now work in financial service.
You will find I’m very fair and agreeable. I’m conservative and respect other points of view. But, I hold my own even if others are wrong and try to force me to change. But when I’m wrong I’ll be the first to acknowledge it. I reject conspiracy theories without real evidence. Observation and conjecture to me can be manipulated and thus real evidence is needed. This you will see when one of my best friends brings up his conspiracy theories about every post :sunglasses:
Now, what about you?

This hasn’t happened… not even one time in all the years you have been posting on cougarfan.

I think that says more than anything else… :worried:

I thought you would like the post :smile:
So, tell me, what have you said you were wrong on anything of importance? You hold fast to silly conspiracy theories for instance.
Just saying :smirk:

Everybody knows, I don’t need to go back and remember all the times I have admitted I was wrong. It’s been a few for sure.

Having said that, myself and many others understand the “conspiracy”, defined as long time fans know and understand it. It involves a lot of things, none of which are blatant and calculated to my knowledge. No faxes or emails needed to define or understand it. We know it when we see it… Suffice it to say, among other things, that BYU hasn’t come close to sniffing a wcc title in spite of the talent they have. We will see how much longer the conference can hold them off in the next few years. Also, it isn’t just coincidental that no team in division 1 basketball has made it to the ncaa tournament as many times, and not been to the final 4, than BYU has.

You wonder why BYU isn’t a part of the Pac-12 right now or why they are still waiting for a Big-12 or P-5 invite? Do you really need to wonder… with the fan base, the revenue they would bring and everything else?

It is easy to figure out… anyone with a brain knows what is going on…

JH: Everybody knows, I don’t need to go back and remember all the times I have admitted I was wrong. It’s been a few for sure.

SG: Oh, everybody knows. No, everybody doesn’t know. Although, there have been times when you wimped out on a comment instead of sticking to your guns that had nothing to do with you being wrong :wink:

JH: Having said that, myself and many others understand the “conspiracy”, defined as long time fans know and understand it. It involves a lot of things, none of which are blatant and calculated to my knowledge. No faxes or emails needed to define or understand it. We know it when we see it… Suffice it to say, among other things, that BYU hasn’t come close to sniffing a wcc title in spite of the talent they have. We will see how much longer the conference can hold them off in the next few years. Also, it isn’t just coincidental that no team in division 1 basketball has made it to the ncaa tournament as many times, and not been to the final 4, than BYU has.

SH: Understand what? Heck, there are alien conspirators too that understand what they see and interpret. Doesn’t make them sane or right :wink:

So, the talent BYU has. I agree we have talent. But, it’s quite hilarious that you don’t think the other teams in the WCC have talent. They have only sent several players to the NBA that actually have survived for a number of seasons. Several in which started for many teams. Who, from BYU has gone to the NBA and started? Danny Ainge and Brandon Davies. Nice. I think we tend to believe our players are more talented. Not sure about that or we would win conferences and the tournament. You want an observation like you do? Why do we miss so many layups and short shots while the other teams in the wcc don’t? I would say talent. The ability to concentrate under duress. Can we develop better play? Sure…Will the upcoming 4 star recruits help? Yep! Less layups missed and more close game wins…Thus, no conspiracy needed. :smile:

JH: You wonder why BYU isn’t a part of the Pac-12 right now or why they are still waiting for a Big-12 or P-5 invite? Do you really need to wonder… with the fan base, the revenue they would bring and everything else?

SG: Like other schools don’t have a big fan base. I think it’s quite simple. No conspiracy. Just simply they want teams in their conferences that can participate in all sports without preferential treatment due to our religious stance on no play on Sundays. Why is that so hard to figure out? :slight_smile:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :sleeping:

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Master of logic and reason…
very fair and agreeable…
hold my own even if others are wrong…
when I’m wrong I’ll be the first to acknowledge it…

So many things just so wrong in these statements… :wink:

I feel sorry for Jim. :wink:

Yeah… I feel sorry for me too. :dizzy_face:

Did you notice that the guy who started the thread hasn’t responded since Scott “introduced” himself? :smirk:

Gee… I wonder why. :fearful:

1 Like

Hi Jim and other members,

I was keep checking what is being posted by you guys and was fail to understand the reason of arguments here. I am available to respond and willing to be part of the healthy conversation so we all can discuss something that is going to be beneficial for all of us. Hope this make sense and gives an answer of why I was not responding?