The state of BYU football, playing for a bowl game

416 yards of offense and you are blaming Wilson? I think his thumb was hurt again. He was wearing a wrap and a few passes looked like ducks. But, the O-line didn’t always give Wilson the time and our receivers weren’t getting open. The flea flicker where Wilson got the ball knocked out as he was going to throw was a big deal. That may have gone for a TD. The blocking was terrible on that play and Wilson should have had the ball up at his ear and I don’t think it would have been stripped.

As far as McChesney not playing, I brought that up during the game. The explanation from Sitaki is puzzling. He didn’t know?

He could throw for a thousand yards… the bottom line… Wilson was unable to get BYU into the end zone.

But he did manage to add to his interceptions (2) and fumbles (1) amounts.

Wilson has 11 TD’s in 8 games and 7 Interceptions

Here is the glaring stat:
Wilson has 11 TD’s so far this season, Romney has 7 in two and half games

There is a lot Wilson can improve. His upside is huge! Trevor Mattich said the same thing today. That’s why he will continue as the #1 QB.

The one interception he didn’t see the free safety. The other one fluttered high as though he’s having trouble sometimes gripping the ball. Other than that, he threw some great passes. We were inside the redzone enough times to have won. So, why didn’t we? Play calling. It’s as simple as that. We couldn’t run up the middle but option plays we could have with Wilson or McChasney. But, he didn’t play. We agree on that debacle.

The reference had to do with repetitious use of a phrase, not intended to represent any particular concept of the phrase.

texcoug,

Respectfully, I think that you missed my point.
My point was to be a good as you are capable of being, be that in sports, the arts, or the academics, with the ultimate success, as being in all three.

I was pushing for excellence in football. If it is not worth the price to achieve excellence in football, than go for excellence in the academics or one of the other areas. Yes law school is a good start. I have a son and a grandson that graduated from our law school. One became a city attorney in a very large California city and the other became an Attorney GAG for the US Navy. Yes indeed, the law school is a great start. Now it’s time to move on for more successes be in in sports, the arts, or other academics. i.e PhD degrees.

You might be right. I don’t know for sure. But if the BYU BOD’s wanted what you say they would have done it. So far the BOD has not funded BYU football at the levels you think are appropriate for P-5 inclusion. Nor have nor never will our Prophet and BOD give into the P-5 standards which are abhorrent to the LDS church moral standards.

GH: I personally think that Romney should have played QB in the second half of the SDSU football game. If Wilson was hurt he should have been taken out of the game. Personally I would like to see all three QB’s play in the Christmas Eve Hawaii Bowl. If so, maybe we might win the game.

Floyd: I agree with your post. Romney gets more touchdowns per game played than Wilson.

I would say that statistic is misleading as well. If it were true then that’s on the coaches.

fish,

I agree with all that you say in this post. There is nothing confusing about what you printed. It is very well written, intelligent reasoning, and accurate. What is there not to like? What is there to be confused about? I enjoy most all of your posting and I can not think of a post written by you that I did not enjoy. Thank you for your contributions.

If Sitaki didn’t know that MacChesney didn’t play in the SDSU football game then Kilani was mistaken and needed help from the coaching staff to remind him that MacChesney should have been in the game in the second half.

Absolutely should have started the game. 228 yards is enough to put I’m number 1

We were favored by 5.5 points going into this game. SDS was ranked above us. They have a higher ranked offense and defense than we have. Wilson had two turn overs, but hey, the guy threw for well over 300 yards. He is coming back after a hand injury.
I think we are being too hard on the guy. Remember that our other two QB’s have been on the injury list as well as one of them being sick.

Romney was sick as well as being on the injured list. I also like Romney very much. He was not able to play.

Texcoug,

I don’t think that all of P5 teams, from the 5 P5 Conferences, will be willing to take on the same honor code, just to be able to have BYU among there ranks, so maybe, if they won’t give in to our demands, we should file a law suit to force them to have our same honor code standards, or maybe we should just give us playing football. You are absolutely right.

Does everything above sound silly and obnoxious. Good it was meant to be.

As Rielly Nelson (former QB at BYU better known as noodle arm) said on the radio the other day, what most observer are now saying is that it appears that Wilson is not learning from his mistakes, because he keeps repeating them in games.

Not being hard, but I think his decision making ability is slow, he repeats stupid mistakes game after game.

1 Like

You are going too far on this. The only honor code issue with P5 teams is not playing on Sundays. It’s really the only issue from BYU’s part.