Midway through the season, report card

3-3 with the strong prospect of losing to BSU and Utah and having a record of 7-5. why are we whining at this time?

We have Hawaii coming up, they are closed lipped about things but it looks like their senior QB is injured and they will be starting a Fr. QB. at home…BYU 8 point favorite to win.

NIU- not pointing points, averaging 17.7 per game. BYU can win at home, at least I would be surprised if this were close. Win

BSU- just lost at home to SDSU, they are suddening freaking out at Boise. I am such a half glass full guy but we lose with Tanner…Loss

UMass- We better win this one or folks get fired…Win

NMS- Win

Utah, Damit…lost.

BYU ends up with a 7-5 record and a bowl game…just where we all predicted they would be.
The sky is not falling and USU is a very sound team, who BTW are in the driver’s seat in the MTN. with their tougest games, home against SDSU and NM and only a road game at BSU.

I hope we see Wilson from here on out just for the fact that defenses have to prep for a mobile QB…BYU is just too easy to prep for with Tanner as a QB. The only downside to Wilson is that he could get rattled and turn the ball over making games one sided…wait a minute…isn’t that what Tanner IS doing…I guess there is no downside to starting Wilson.

If you were a hot shot high school player would you be interested in coming to a failing program. The longer we fail to clean up this mess the longer it will take to recover. At the rate we are going I can see several years of loosing records.

My guess is Wilson won’t get rattled, just make a few mistakes and become better. He has a McMahon swagger

Yes, absolutely true.

Well, there’s a difference between being a hot shot player going to a failing program where it looks like you will be able to play and do a lot (good future prospects) — and being a hot shot player going to a failing program where it looks like you will get about 40 yards rushing against good teams, even though your offense is a run-first lots of pre-snap motion offense.

In other words, good prospects will still come here if it looks like you will be able to have a good career. Heck, that’s how heroes and legends are made — by coming to “down” programs and lifting them to glory. But, if the sense and feeling is that you’re going to hurt your NFL career or chances of having a good college career, then you’re less likely to want to go there.

In the continuing effort to recalibrate expectations vs results, ESPN’s FPI gave BYU a 20% chance to have anything better than a 2-4 record through 6 games this season.