Why BYU won this historic game and can I get some cheese with that

1st off- conditioning. It was 120 on the field and BYU was on the HOT SUNNY SIDE all game long and yet we looked the fresher team.

2- Wisc totally over looked BYU, no other way to put it.

3- I have said it all along, BYU has talent in all key areas and should compete with anybody. I am pretty sure that Tanner just shut everyone up in Cougarville. He has 0 turnovers on the year. 0 for the year.

4-Game ball certainly goes to Canada. Big runs to set up TDs

5- That trick play from Hifo to Pututau was Perfection. I will have some more, please.

6- Back to Tanner, he ALWAYs underthrows when he is on the run but he has made some near perfect longer throws and our guys just drop easy catches. (Holker). But…Wisc dropped a lot of easy balls, especially on that last drive and that is why BYU won that game. Biggest stat on Tanner, drum roll please, no turnovers on the year so say what you want, he is managing the games just fine and we need our receivers to stick their heads up and get going (although Gunner Romney did have himself a mighty fine game)

7- Our beef in the middle, Tonga and this new kid, Dawe was tailormade for this Wisc. game. Kaufusi and Taki taki were everywhere. Anderson should have had 1 more interception. I have never thought BYU’s defense was that bad even when the offense was leaving them on the field too long last year. I freakin’ love our defense this year.

8- Wisc. is a class act. Helping players up, congratulating us on our win.

9- BYU’s Jet sweep was very effective in this game. Wisc. does not have the speed on the edges that Cal had or they just did not prepare and overlooked BYU.

10- Game ball goes to Grimes for changing a change the direction at BYU. Linemen on both sides just played with arguably the best line in America, not named Bama. We were tough and shut down the run on D and pretty much protected Tanner the entire game. Hornibrook looked unraveled out there with our pass rush.

11-Not hearing much from our DB’s…and it is because they are doin just fine. Wilcox had 9 tackles in the game, bet you did not know that. From Goat to hero.

12- 2nd time BYU has erased a Heisman candidate from the list. Bye Bye Taylor.

Good post Fish-pretty well sums it up until McNeese State

It appeared you stated that Tanner hadn’t had any OT’s this year? Are you over looking the 2 INT’s ?

2 tds/2 intercepted on the year-205 efficiency rating

duh, brain fart. Yes, he had the two in the Cal game. Sure glad they kept Tanner as the starter. You can’t teach experience.

I’ll say this for Tanner, with all the motion going on in different directions in the backfield, he does a superb job keeping it all straight and manages to keep the defense guessing about where the ball is going. All without fumbling the ball. Excellent work. Not a fan of his passing, but great job on the rest.

1 Like