Virginia is bowl eligible

Clausewitz,

(I’ve started to categorize)

You offer a new way of thinking about things, which I may reluctanly have to adopt for my own survival.

Some things may never change. That is indeed a very sad possibility, regarding money, talent, coaches, underdog realities, and perhaps I need to give up on the possibility that there are those in authority and ability to make the necessary changes. Perhaps I indeed need to adjust my thinking that our BYU Cougars are not worth the investment in them to become all that they could be. Perhaps I need to learn to appreciate our game with what we are willing to invest in rather than what I wish we were willing to invest in.

1 Like

I definitely try to do both. Part of what makes sports beautiful is the challenge of solving the puzzle. What’s the strategy? People who come up with beautiful elegant and beautiful strategies, even if they lose, are what makes sports so fun.

Moneyball, Boise St, miracle on ice. All underdogs who adopted a strategy. I personally think what makes them so special is The strategy, not the outcome. Even if they lose, it’s how you play your cards.

There’s a book called The perfect pass about Hal mumme. BYU features prominently. It’s about the development of the air raid offense. I highly recommend it.

Interesting post Floyd. Bronco saw the money and realized he could be himself and get a lot more money. Good for him. Kalani was our only real choice with the field of candidates and the situation. Until BYU gets back into a conference, yes probably G-5, not the rec league WCC, in all sports we will attract better players. The best move so far has been our new OC and his guys. We shall see in the 2018 football season. Maybe we will be back in the MWC by then. I think BYU could fit back into the WCC and keep those P-5 games for 2018 or some of them. i.e. Utah and Arizona… Perhaps we miss out on a game or two in the MWC and are ineligible for the conference championship in 2018 and so fit in those P-5 games, then cut the rest of the schedule in 2019 and be MWC champion eligible. Who knows, just getting out of the WCC would be the best start.

I am with you RU. BYU is special and a different place and culture. I don’t believe that the GA’s or BOD’s wants BYU to be in a P-5 conference. Besides, a lot of them ate U of U graduates. Not that they don’t care about BYU sports, they just care about BYU and what it can do with the resources that they are willing to use for extra-curricular activities like sports. I think BYU fits best in the MWC with geography. If it’s say just football and basketball, I would love to see BYu in the AAC, keeing the rest or most of the Olympic sports in the WCC. Yes, the rec league is OK in baseball, golf, tennis, women’s volleyball and softball.

Good post, “win with what we have.” Yes, keeping most of our Olympic sports in the WCC or put all sports back into the MWC or football and basketball into the AAC and the rest in the WCC or whatever conference they are in, like men’s volleyball, etc.

Clausewitz,

I like your style of posting. I always learn something from you as you have the gift of disagreeing intelligently with an open mind and ability to disagree without offending.
I honor and respect that. The status quo is the virtue that you have learned to be content with, while I still suffer for wanting the unattainable, mostly because, I do believe that the unattainable could be attainable with just a few changes.