Virginia is bowl eligible

And that’s why he looked much better Saturday. He wasn’t running the pro style. Tanner doesn’t get hurt and I think we may have been able to win.

However, he played much better. You forget the 5 dropped passes that would have gone for 15 or more yards and Perhapse more touchdowns too. No, Detmer went away from the pro style and we did well against a top 20 defense.

I keep hearing this, but I don’t think strength and conditioning has anything to do with the injuries. Doesn’t it seem like there’s been a slew of season-ending injuries around the country? Much more than usual?

I’m still waiting for a response from one of the 3 mentioned regarding the above comment.

What’s different here is its a non-contact injury. Much like many ACL injuries. Like Hill’s injury too…

I did. I asked Jim where Hardy is??? :slight_smile:

Grasshopper - I did see that. I expected something more witty and lengthy.

The Laurel and Hardy reference was classic and spot on. Without Hardy, Jim (Laurel) isn’t funny :slight_smile:

As far as lengthy, I keep it pithy :slight_smile:

Grasshopper is neither witty nor able to talk at length about anything other than himself… :sweat_smile:

I will only bother commenting on the last, or fifth, statement.

Never means 0 wins and losing every time to “upper P5 teams”. Based on the second part of the statement, a losing record means they never beat any of those teams but I imagine he did at least once or twice. Let’s be honest, most of the time they were at least competitive.

See above :slight_smile:

I am witty and funny. :smile:

Everyone on this board knows it, most of all you. :sunglasses:

I am not sure, but I don’t think that Bronco’s teams played the tougher teams like the schedule that BYU has played in the past two years.

That’s right Jim. You are a legend in your own mind :thinking:

He really set us up. And people don’t think he didn’t do that on purpose :wink:

The only big word I used was dichotomy. A false dichotomy means that the argument being used assumes there are only 2 choices and you must choose one of them. In this case, that refers to Current Kalani and Bronco. I don’t have to pick either one as being what I want.

“Smart play is better than dumb victories over cupcakes” means I don’t care if we win or lose. I care that we make the right plays, smart choices, and correct strategies that give us the best chance to win the game. If you do that, and we still lose because of random chance or the opponent was better than us… I can live with that, even appreciate it. If we went into the Wisconsin game for instance with a much better strategy, and still lost…I’m happy. They’re a better team, we’re an underdog, but we played our cards right. It’s easy to cheer for a smart team that wins 6-9 games. But I can’t stand dumb teams who win 9 games by virtue of better recruits in spite of coaching.

Congratulations on wishing the coaches past and present well…so do I. Just because I don’t enjoy Bronco’s style or philosophy, that doesn’t mean I hope they fail…No idea where you got that from.

As to the one counter argument you made: “I think one of the biggest problems that fans and anyone associated with a particular team have is this notion that their team should be the best team, every year, and perform exactly like they expect and want them to. Does anybody live in the real world anymore or do we all have some concocted fantasy that can never meet the unrealistic expectations we create?”
-I have no notion that my team has to be the best team every year. They don’t need to be 12-0 for me to be happy. They need to adopt a strategy that gives them the best chance to do that.
-Bronco’s strategy didn’t. Currently, Kalani’s doesn’t either.

You seem to misunderstand me. I’m ok with losing games. I’m not ok with dumb decisions. We’re an underdog team naturally. I’m fine with that. We’ll lose games. I’m fine with that. As long as we make the best possible decisions to give us the best chance at winning out.

Now let me ask you this: is a guarantee that we will win a certain number of games so important to you that you would rather play against crappy competition just to allow BYU to hit 9 wins? It’s a matter of personal preference to me. I want tough competition, smart play, and I’ll let the chips fall where they may.

Yeah I hate those dumb plays. There are times where we need to make safe calls and times to take risks. If you’re up 3 touchdowns with 10 minutes left in the game, you play it safe even if you’re playing the best team in the country. There’s a calculus to each decision. Weigh the odds.

As to the injuries…It’s absurd.

Clauswitz,

I agree with you, (This year is not enough to make me etc)

You may have to explain to jim Hawks what some of your big words mean, like,
(dissect), (Bogus), (dichotomy), (sustain), (struggled), (Preferences) and (Cupcakes).
Using these big words makes it hard for Jim to follow and understand.

I’ve started to categorize my strategic thoughts on BYU into two categories:

Logistics for the future - Money, talent, coaches, etc
Underdog reality - How to win with the players we have

It helps me compartmentalize my emotions to allow me to enjoy the current reality and at the same time point out future possibilities.

I am interested in what the offense is actually doing.

Well, Jim doesn’t understand logical reasoning as he has been moving from right to left since becoming a bishop. I suppose that is normal. When it happens, emotions become the standard of reason instead of the logical mind :slight_smile: