United the Brethren put an end

I agree with you. Everyone studies and decides at different paces. The Holy Ghost testifies to couple #2 as much as #1. But the process to understand and may take longer do #2 because of history and other things we don’t know of. That’s why we leave that judgement to God and simply do the work.

I believe that Satan is successful if we do anything that keeps us from getting to the Celestial Kingdom. And you act like I am pointing the finger at people married civily and condemning them, I’m not. My statement is a civil marriage does not get you to the Celestial kingdom. It’s a statement about civil marriage, not the people. I have been disfellowshipped, nearly excommunicated, and come back to the fold so I am not judging anyone nor do I feel that I am better than anyone. But facts are facts, only eternal marriage gets you to the Celestial Kingdom. Does that mean everyone that is married civily are bad people? No way. It just means they have not progressed as far as they need to to attain the highest level of the Celestial Kingdom. I hope all will. If my statements are that hard to understand then I apologize, apparently my Utah education is failing me.

We aren’t disagreeing with that point. We disagreed with lumping civil marriage with gay marriage. The Church is apposed to the later only.

As grasshopper indicated, my initial objection was regarding the paring of gay marriage and civil marriage as equal. With that said, I think you may want to rethink your statement entirely. We don’t get to the Celestial kingdom as a result of getting married in the temple. Getting married in the temple is a step on the path towards the Celestial kingdom. Baptism is a previous step on the path. For some, civil marriage is a step along that path. Some will not be able to complete all of the steps on the path in this life. For those, we do vicarious ordinances that make it possible to complete those steps. Ultimately, the Lord will judge us as to whether or not we followed the path to the best of our ability. Yes, civil marriage does not get you to the Celestial Kingdom. However, neither does marriage in the temple. They are simply steps. Ultimately, our eternal judge will decide whether or not the steps we have taken in our lives are enough. Only he can say whether or not a civil marriage (coupled with vicarious ordinances) will be enough for a given couple to reach the Celestial Kingdom. I believe that there will be many who have been married in the temple that will not be in attendance in the Celestial Kingdom.

Right on Grasshopper. The General Authorities and the First Presidency said it. I don’t know how the “new” BSA or Gay Scouts of America fit with the teachings of the Church. It is time to say goodbye to the BSA. If an LDS kid wants to be in the Boy Scouts or Gay Scouts let them join a chartered scout organization outside of the LDS Church. The new order does not fit into the moral codes of the LDS Church.

And the homosexuals need to treat honest people, including LDS Church members, with respect and dignity too. I don’t really see that coming from the LGBT community towards the LDS or any other Christians who disagree with homosexual sex and Same Gender marriage. You are right that the LDS Church has not changed its doctrines towards morality. But if your child wanted to be in the BSA or Cub Scouts, would you put them in a Cub Scout Pack of BSA Troop, etc with homosexual leaders and trust those leaders to take your son or child on over night camp outs, Summer Camps and High Adventure activities? How can you protect your child in such an environment? Do you want your child to be fully exposed to the homosexual culture and leadership in these situations?
If you agreed to participate or put your child in these type of situations you have more faith and guts than me in exposing your child to this culture. Accepting equal rights and legal access for gays is the law of the land. But exposing your child to such a culture without a proven way to protect your child is another situation. It is an absolute risk that I would not be willing to expose my child to.

Well, can’t hide them from everything. They go to school and there are classmates who are gay and teachers too. My art teacher in high school was gay. He never bothered any of the students. The Church has had all their molestation problems from sick in the head heterosexual men.
However, with that said, there is no reason to have to accept the SCOTUS decision in our private lives including church. We have to be the beacon of truth and make sure people know homosexual behavior is wrong.

1 Like

rbblack,

The Ten Commandments
(In the Bible)
the divine rules of conduct given by God to Moses on Mount Sini
according to Exox. 20; 1-17

Have no other Gods;
do not make or worship idols;
do not take the name of the lord in vain;
keep the sabbath holy; -----------------------------
honor one’s father and mother; -------------------
do not kill
do not commit adultery
do not steal----------------------------------------
do not give false witness-------------------------
do not covet another’s property or wife;--------

Yes, there are many other things mentioned in the Bible that tell us what we should or should not do, but certainly the Ten Commandments should rank among those that are the most important, if not by themselves, the most important.

Nowhere in the ten commandments are Gays and Lesbians singled out. Sadam and Gamora had Gay offenders. It also had Straight offenders. It also had those humans with Animals. It had all sorts of sexual perversion, but we choose to single out the Gays and Lesbians.

Have you ever, meaning to or not, in a fit of anger or laughing at something, or for any other time or for any other reason, used the Lords name in vain?

Have you ever gone to the beach or a movie theater or to a party, or have you ever worked on Sunday instead of spending the day in Church or studying the Bible quietly in your own home?

Have you ever done or said anything disrespectful to or about your parents weather you feel like they deserved it or not?

Have you ever taken a ruler or an eraser, of a pencil, pen, or paper home from the job without your bosses permission? Or have you ever rationalized for taking anything else from anywhere else that you did not pay for or get permission for taking it from the owner that purchased it?

Have you ever told a little white lie, but rationalized that you were just kidding or that you didn’t want to hurt the person with the truth?

Have ever envied a friends new car and wished that you could have one like it, or have you ever got excited over seeing someones knock out beautiful wife that you have a hard time not looking at?

If you answer yes to any one of these questions, do you believe that you are breaking one of the Lords Ten Commandments that he told us not to break?

Or do you think that these commandments are not as important as other things he tells us in the bible pertaining to what does or does not please the Lord?

If so, let he without sin, cast the first stone at the Gays and the Lesbians.

Was God only displeased with the sexual misconduct of the Gays and Lesbians, or was he also displeased with the sexual misconduct of the heterosexuals with each other and with animals in Sadam and Gamora.?

So, the Church should not teach and preach against sin because everyone sins and falls short the glory of God. We should not have any commandments. And if we do then no more than the Ten Commandments. All other teachings against other sins in the bible should be discarded and not preached against.
Typical liberal argument…

grasshopper,

I am amazed at your reasoning.

You are putting words out of your own mouth that does not come remotely close to words that would come out of my mouth.

My first point, is that we have many directions/commandments given to us from the Bible.

Too many of us pick and choose the directions/commandments, which we choose to follow while ignoring those other directions/commandments which we do not find convenient to follow.

My second point is that it is my opinion that we would all be better citizens/Christians, if we spent more time trying to follow all the commandments that are given to us, and than we would not have time to criticize those that do not choose the directions that we choose to follow.