This should make some of you people Happy

Yeh I pretty much agree with you, but that has been the case for all eternity. BYU got by in the past with their schedule and great qbs and with sticky figured receivers and smart shifty rbs. Plus they seemed to always have really good line backers. I believe there is even a big difference between Wisconsin and Alabama. Wisconsin relies on brute strength and large powerful running backs. The Alabama’s have it all. Brute strength, blazing speed, and qbs that don’t make a lot of mistakes. We can work the strength angle and the attitude, but the athleticism and the speed are probably out of touch to be in that elite tier

Agreed. We will never get to that level and should not expect it either. I have pretty close ties to the athletic department and am certain of this. At least as long as the LDS church owns BYU, which will be, um, forever. Top third of the second tier, which means a fighting chance at being ranked 20-25, is what I think is reasonable. Oh wait, that’s exactly what we did with Bronco every year, and people seemed to think that wasn’t good enough. Similar story in Corvallis, where Mike Riley was way above average for a long time and their fans were all mad they were not as good as the Ducks, so they ran him out of town for GARY ANDERSON hahahahahahahahahah :joy: Be careful what you wish for, I guess. Not working out so hot so far for either BYU or OSU.

Right on thawk. Tanner does not make throws or plays consistently or quickly.

well, what is your view now?

Come on Floyd-Tanner did what he needed to do-complete short passes and not throw interceptions. Give him an A for that, but he won’t be on any player of the week lists. Give the game ball to the OL and Canada and a gutsy defensive effort and of course Grimes

I not watched the game, but rewatched it…

there were no lame duck throws… I saw his passes were a tight spiral ( thus no lame duck throw) and of the two so called bad passes, he was flushed out of the pocket on one. and the other he got hit as he released the ball.

even the pro Wisconsin guys said he did a great job staying within the scheme and passes looked good.

sorry, but Tanner was pretty good tonight. Grimes and co called a great game.

I totally agree with you-he stayed within the game plan and what he is capable of. I dont know that there isn’t a qb on the entire team that couldnt have made the same throws, but he made them so the credit goes to him. As to those two throws-they weren’t good throws-throw it away-that what has got him in trouble in the past

I will have to watch the replay of the game Floyd. I haven’t watched the game yet. Was at a volleyball tourney watching a BYU recruit … but dying as I got the updates on my phone. I have no doubt that Tanner can play a relatively mistake free game and with good defense and good OL play that we can win some games. But I also think we have QB’s on the roster who can do the same thing and more. If BYU ever needs to put the game on their QB, to win it, Tanner isn’t our guy. The more pressure Tanner feels, the worse the outcome for BYU.

Our OL will get better as the year goes on. They are young and so is the team … starters as well. I think the future is bright because it appears we do have the physical assets to get a lot better over the next 2 years. Exception is at linebacker. But they are the easiest to recruit.

The best thing about Tanner is that he is a senior! Let’s give him 5 games to see if it is a mirage and hopefully Wisc doesn’t turn out to be a average to below average team.

and he does not turn the ball over. BIG BIG statement.

He does just enough and I am OK with it today, will I gripe tomorrow? probably but we sure made Hornybrook look bad and just to be clear, our guys are still dropping well thrown balls.