This is just hard to watch

Well what does make sense about Tanner SG? Is it the new pro offensive scheme? Is it the tough P-5 teams three times in a row, i.e. LSU, Utah, and Wisconsin? How about our whole ball club? Can they compete against P-5 teams 5 to 9 times a year? What is it thast spooked Tanner and for that matter, the whole team? What is it, SG?

1 Like

thawk,

I agree with all of your post except for the DC part. I think that so far, the offense has put the defense in a no win position.
Defense is on the field far too much.

Agreed!!! We need to get more creative and less mistakes on offense. But, like I said, we have young 3 star players and it takes them longer to learn everything.

GRASSHOPPER !

You hit the nail on the head, but left many other nails untapped.
Football needs to be more important also to fans, the University, and the Church.
We put all kinds of stumbling blocks that helps to keep us G5 without the possibility of P5.
To name a few:
1 We could make the time a person goes on his/her mission more convenient to the time that person may be needed for
other things, i.e changing dippers, taking care of parents, being a football star, etc. A mission may come after the
football career in College/NFL
2. The honor code should be kept strong without weakening the team by having the same penalties as the NCCA for
offenses that would be issued by the NCCA and for our additional rules, let community service after the season be
sufficient for those violations as seen by the NCCA as not being bad enough for NCCA sanctions. Why continually hurt
our team and our fans by adding penalties that keep our players off the field that the NCCA does not see bad enough
for punishment.
3. Why not keep our AD as the person that must be a member of the Church and demand that he hires those that
guarantee not to do things contrary to the teachings of the Church while being the head coach, and than remove the
restriction that the HC must be a member of the Church. I realize the heavy burden that I am putting on the AD, but
better the burden be on the AD than on the HC.
4. We need to go after the giants in college football coaching that can do for us what Urban Myer was able to do for Utah,
for Florida, and for Ohio State. What ever we have to pay to get someone that can get us to the nest level, P5; get us
the recruits we need, 4-5 star; get us the big paying bowl games, P4; and get us the big money TV contracts, would be
a great investment for us. We would have a gigantic return for our investment.

I realize that there will not be one person on this board that agrees with anything that I just said. I realize that it will in fact make many of you angry. I also hope that it will make such an impact on your brain (for good or for bad), that you will give a lot of thought to it and if not now, someday, you may take a positive view of what I am saying.

What I am saying is not intended to be disrespectful at all to the University or to the Church, but instead what I am saying is to provoke the question, “Could any of this work if modified”???

Rubicon, good thinking.

We are now 1-7 with losses to both Utah State and the strongest of possibility of a definite loss to Hawaii @ Hawaii.

We will at this point, be lucky to have a 3-10 season with our only wins vs FCS, below 130 Portland State; #123 UMASS, and # 126 San Jose st.

With # 116 UNLV being played in Las Vegas, this game is virtually a toss up considering the 4 point home field advantage.