The Defensive line

Well, we know the end will be exceptional with Kaufusi and Takitaki on the ends and Pili as a 2nd but the middle is where it all starts and stops with the run game. Hansom Tanielu admits that he had a sub year when he came in with all the accolades and poor production.

http://www.heraldextra.com/sports/college/byu/football/byu-football-sacking-the-quarterback-a-shared-experience/article_6f7e0f32-d356-55c7-8dd1-15124e79f242.html

There is talent plenty for the D tackles with names like Langi,Tuifua, and Lorenzo Fauatea and don’t forget BIG MO. These guys are all raw, 18 or RMs but they are all scary dudes.

Coaches fell they have plenty to go 2 deep and we will need everyone on deck when LSU, Utah, Wisc and MSU come to town.

Last season’s defense kept us in the game, even against very talented competitors and this season appears to be more of the same. Our defense is strong, The offense is where the questions are that will need to be answered. Aug. 26th can’t come quick enough. Go cougars!

I’m getting pretty excited about our offense. Our front line seems to be the best we have seen in years…if Mangum has time, he is going to find open guys.

As far as the running backs go (which is a big question mark) I am starting to hear plenty about Riley Burt, a RB that saw time in the UConn game year before last, had a leg injury and is back turning heads.
http://www.heraldextra.com/sports/college/byu/football/speeding-right-along-burt-transferring-his-track-skills-to-football/article_d868cd58-c6eb-5499-bb38-a8f058a858e7.html

Burt runs a 10.8 100. He mentioned a couple of other speedsters on the team and said that Trinnimen had beat him in a HS race, fun little nuggets.

From the very first carry of Burt’s freshman year you could tell he has big time talent. He reminds me of Williams, but faster and a little less muscle. If he can get to 215 - 220 he will be an impact player. If he can catch the ball, he will be really exciting and if he can block pass rushers he will become a. Mainstay of the offense.

1 Like