The Boys Scouts of America and Gay Leadership

So, are you going to be home for the game Saturday? Or are you going to a gay wedding:-)

yeah, I should be going but I’m not rolling in the dough and $50 plus gas, etc. is something I can’t justify right now. I did have a childhood friend and college roommate offer a ticket too…

So yeah, I’ll be at home watching. We’ll have some pizza or something too.

Sounds like a plan! 7:30 is kick off?

Looks like someone needs to read their scout book to understand what morally straight in this case means to scouts.

The Boy Scout Handbook explains: “To be a person of strong character, guide your life with honesty, purity, and justice. Respect and defend the rights of all people. Your relationship with othesr should be honest and open. Be clean in your speech and actions, and faithful in your religious beliefs. The values you follow as a Scout will help you become virtuous and self-reliant.” “The Boy Scout Handbook”, page 551 (1990).

It’s ironic that I also have an issue with the BSA not being morally straight, but mine has nothing to do with sex, but everything to do with the integrity of the organization or should I say lack thereof. But the money rolled in as I predicted and the church leadership involved didn’t want to drop the 6 figure salaries from national board membership, in order to separate from a corrupt organization.

It also looks like someone needs to read the book on humor so they recognize that the comment was more a play on words than anything else.

Morally “straight”… you know as opposed to morally “gay”?

In spite of that, your reply could be discussed and debated for days, particularly with regards to “purity”, “clean in actions” and “faithful in religious beliefs”. Anyhow, it was just a play on the words, nothing more.