Sad day for BYU football. SUU has more players drafted than BYU

I’m so glad Bronco is gone. I’m so excited for our new coaching staff. If Lamb can get two players drafted at SUU, just think what Sitake, Detmer and Lamb can do together.

Other teams that had more players drafted include MWC teams; Utah State-2, San Jose St.-2, Colorado St.-2, Boise St.-3. But on the other hand, the following P5 teams didn’t have any players drafted: Colorado, Tennessee, Wake Forest, Duke, North Carolina, Iowa St, Kansas. BYU matched the following P5 schools with one drafted player: Washington St., Oregon St., Utah, Vanderbuilt, Kentucky, Louisville, Syracuse, Pitt, Virginia, Oklahoma st., Texas, Kansas St., Rutgers, Iowa, Purdue. The Bronco era was really low in NFL draftees compared to the Lavell era. Hopefully, Sitake can get an average of 2 draftees per year. Three per year would put us around the top 20 nationwide. That would be outstanding.

dalleach
I totally agree with each and every work you said.

" I’m so glad Bronco is gone. I’m so excited for our new coaching staff. If Lamb can get two players drafted at SUU, just think what Sitake, Detmer and Lamb can do together."

Our new staff can and will get us to the next level that our old staff was not able to do. There heads were not on football.

If it is any consolation. SUU had more players drafted than Utah. The final tally was

SUU-2
USU-2
BYU-1
Utah-1
Weber-0

As of right now, there are 4 players on NFL teams that were drafted. One of those is Pitta who may never play again. Utah has 4 or 5 times that amount. Utah had a down year. If you look at Bronco’s tenure, having one draft pick is way above average. Rather pitiful.

Thanks for the stats Glenn. I find it helpful as well as interesting.

What I am even more concerned with now, is the terrible way we played Portland State and lost to UMASS.

I have always complained that playing FCS Schools and other teams ranked below 70 was bad because if we ever lost to them, it would do far more harm than losing to teams ranked in the top 40.

I have also said that I would far rather lose a close game to a P5 team then to win a close game to a FCS team.

Portland State and UMASS in the 2017 season will never be forgotten.