Replace the new board with the old board

Wow!!! Ouch, oh is hurts so much my brain to have to click on a response to my post! Poor Dan…Really Dan??? What do you have to do in here? Oh, click on “Reply” and well, isn’t that the same?

The difference, Dan, is that I didn’t have to scroll all the way down the page looking for your response to my latest post. I could actually have a real conversation with others. The “strings” were awesome and easy to have a conversation. Sorry you don’t seem to be a conversationalist :wink:

And, this is precisely the problem. You computer brainiacks can’t understand the simple folk out here in the real world. The string or thread system was easy to follow. And, if you are so computer smart, why don’t you figure out how to write a computer program on this system frame with a thread system? What you don’t seem to understand about marketing is the consumer is always right!

So funny. I knew this was Gavenman just from reading the condescending post in reply to people who I dont think actually do any work for the board. First of all, no one, or rather, almost no one builds a forum anymore. They borrow one. They acquire the base code and then upload it and tweak it to what they want. There are MANY different types of forums and they do lots of different things. I believe the owner of the site chose the wrong base set. However, I in no way think they should have tried to work with the old code. It was either cut it off or let it linger. I know how old that code is just by looking at the frames source code and the such. You don’t go in and modify that kind of ancient ruins unless you work at IBM and everything is coded in Fortran and you basically have no other option. Though, after rereading your post I think you actually mean put threading into this current forum. This forum doesn’t seem to be built for threading. Again, this is why I feel they selected the wrong code base for their forum. They went with semithreaded when this board obviously wants a fully threaded design. Fully threaded are often clunkier looking which throws off their need for it to work well on mobile or to be mobile optimized. Though they could have selected a fully threaded that literally puts all of the replies directly under the original response which causes length issues with pushing comments down but this would have been mobile friendly, especially if they allowed you to view it under different filters.

2 Likes

Jason… Two questions

1. why confuse Scott with actual facts and information? has it ever done any good before? LOL

2. So Scott does not know everything?

Just giving Scott a hard time… I think some of the changes they made already is helping… if they continue to take suggestion, especially from those that work in the field will help tremendously.

3 Likes

So then, you agree it should have been set up as a thread like the old board. You could have just said so instead of starting off condescending. (Takes one to know one :wink:

1 Like

You’ve never cared about actual facts. But, you like to make up your own facts all the time :slight_smile:

Scott,

A few questions…

1. Do you still use an 8-track player?
  2. What about the simple idea turning a crank to start your car?
  3. How about indoor plumbing?

Things change for better or for worse.

As far as that fallacy of the “customer is always right”.

1. If you go out on a limb and use “always” or “never,” be darn certain there aren’t any exceptions.
  2. The founder and former CEO of Southwest airlines completely disagrees with you…
    Top 5 Reasons Why ‘The Customer Is Always Right’ Is Wrong

Looks like they added a button you can press under your post, so you can see who replied to your post.
Now there is a ‘Reply’ blue button to the right lower side, and a ‘Reply/Replies’ grey button on the lower right.
The blue one is used to respond to another persons post.
The grey one is used to see who responded to that post.

Nice addition

This site is a bust. Boring. We try to post and its wiped out. No pick contest. No one is posting about the game tonight.

1 Like

They wiped most of the community with the switch and lack of time frame for change,
No community interaction, except for the board, ie no pick contest, has also meant that their is nothing encouraging current members to bring new members/contestants to see the scintillating repartee available to those in the know.

As is the case with too many buyouts, they bought something without knowing, or anyway caring, what the community valued about the product and only then supported what they valued about the company and left core features of the community out…

So sad…this used to be a place for high quality information and discussion, (famously of course there were occasional retreats from that), but is has certainly never recovered the way they were apparently expecting…

Right on Harold, and why do these clowns who run this board keep posts literally for year??? Yet they get rid of new posts when no one answers withing minute???

To Cougarfan Moderator, please, when you see SG or Grasshopper making any new comments, please put them in the trash can.

Pardon my friend as he goes temporarily insane on occasions. When you see him do this sort of thing, call his therapist before he endangers himself.

Amazing, it took you 2-3 days to noticed this. :slight_smile:

It’s not part of the table of contents I look at very often. Especially complaining about make the board like it was. Did you take your meds today? :stuck_out_tongue:

This might be offensive to somebody with mental health problems. Not so much offensive, but it might cause them to feel even worse.

Did you feel worse?

Go take your medication you, you, u, u, Trol Utard! Now I feel better :laughing:

I’m glad you feel better…:sunglasses:

I strongly agree :grinning: