New Apostles, My Guesses:

Elders Ronald Rasband and Whitney Clayton of the Presidency of the Seventy, along with Elder David Evans of the First Quorum of the Seventy.

Dark Horses: Elder Gifford Nielson, Brother Devin Durrant, or Brother John S. Tanner

Real Dark Horse: President Robert Chambers, President of the Salt Lake North Mission

We don’t need Las Vegas type speculation on who will become the next three Apostles. The three one’s will be named this coming Saturday. I can’t wait to see. It is up to the Prophet and the remaining members of the Quarum and the First Presidency. We shall see. Faith is better than speculation my friend.

I think you took the tone of my post too seriously. I didn’t mean it as Las Vegas speculation and obviously the apostles with the Lord’s guidance have chosen. Just because I chose to post something similar to what many others say anytime a new bishop is called does not make me any less faithful.

Personally, I think that Kim B Clark, who just got released as president of BYU Idaho is a good bet. Other than that, I think that it is likely that at least one of the apostles will be from outside the US. I also wouldn’t rule out four apostles being called and one of the current apostles becoming a 3rd counselor in the first presidency.

My guess, 2 guys related to former Q12 members by blood or marriage, and a possible new comer from a foreign country. Crazy I feel more confident in the first part of my prediction than the second.

In an interview with President Nelson published today in Mormon Times, he dropped two hints. First, it is possible that not all three vacancies will be filled. He said that when LeGrande Richards passed away, it was over a year before that vacancy will filled…by President Nelson. He also hinted that one of the new apostles may be someone not currently serving as a general authority.

Here is the link:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865637915/President-Nelson-reflects-on-being-an-Apostle-of-the-Lord-discusses-possible-announcement-of-3-new.html

My guess is KC Black

1 Like

My pick is you because you are the most compassionate person on the planet according to your own words :wink:

1 Like

Ouch, not again…