My feelings about last night

Floyd: The basketball team has to prove it on the court. To me the HC has been out coached for years.

Kilane does deserve three years or more to prove if he can recruit. But I will be very surprised if in three years that the BYU football team improves. Remember each missionary takes one to two years to become starter ready. And of course if we don’t play RM’s they can’t improve. Ulu seems to get 10 carries in the first half and then he disappears in the second half/ The coaches don’t give him the 20 plus carries a game. The new QB has gotten what, 5 minutes or less in the two games that he has been in. He should have played at least a quarter to really get some reps against Miss. State. Bushman seems to get maybe five balls thrown his way in a game.

my point was that the last time BYU played good defense, coach schuyer(sp?) was a coach at BYU.

OK, good pint. I still an awaiting the outcomes of the coming basketball season. As fans we have to take off our Blue glasses when evaluating the upcoming BBall season. I have learned to wait and see with the BBall Cats.
To me the ladies BBall team has had much more success in the WCC than the guys. Juddie is a great coach.

I am hoping that this football season is just a perfect confluence of events that resulted in the worst performance in BYU history. My biggest concern is that the coaches have lost the confidence of the players. Hopefully not, but if we don’t win against the easy, upcoming schedule, we will need to make some significant changes.

I am withholding all judgement on basketball until I see the blue and while game. Hopefully we see some team play.

I am just wondering if Elljah Bryant is 100% healthy with his knee? Will he show his stuff like he did at Elon. And will Payton Dastrup (40 lbs loss) will be ready full time (well, more time) on the playing floor? And will Zac Seljaas will still have his shooting touch after being gone a year and hoping for healthy shoulder. And I hope Ryan Andrus will be ready too.

Bryant is 100% according to Rose. Dastrupt only needs to play tough defense against the opposition. There are enough scorers in the team. Everyone is healthy.

Before the 1960’s BYU had many many bad season’s. Our first WAC conference championship came in 1965 when we went 4 and I in the WAC and 6 and 4 under Coach Tommy Hudspeth led by QB Virgil Carter and guys like Phile Odle, Casey Boyette and a pair of twin brothers, the Ogden brothers from So-Cal.

The expectations for any of the teams prior to 1964 was way below this year’s team. Coaching staff and players alike were thought to be way above any team prior to 1964. If this is a 1 or 2 win season, it will be looked at as the worst team in BYU history. Maybe even 3 wins will take them to that level.

Prior to 1964 and prior to Lavell Edwards was a lifetime ago. I understand that any sport is much more advanced and professionalized now a days as compared to those time.

Yeah, who needs inside scoring when you have all these great 3 point shooters? I mean why would BYU want to do any better than 3rd place again…

8 to 12 points a game is good enough from the center with solid rebounding. That’s all the Chicago Bulls needed with a good outside shooting percentage and players that can drive and finish at the basket. It will be a great year!

txcoug

BYU is now broken and now badly in need of repair. Does the administration have the will, the desire the determination to make the needed repairs or are they just more likely to give up? Only time will tell.