My feelings about last night

Amen Floyd. Right now against Boise State we have no offense with a literally lame QB and our tired defense cannot stop Boise, at least in the first half. Can BYU even score 17 points in the game, I doubt it. 1 and 5 and Miss. State is next on the road.

There is no change. Same boring plays. No screens and no crossing routes. Tanner may need to give way to someone else.

Let the sub throw it. Maybe he can hit the open guys more often.
I don’t understand the offense and why no screens and crossing routes. Too easy to defend

Our offense sucks. See those crossing routes and screens Boise runs. We do nothing but run out and curl. That’s it.

Our defense sucks too. How many times has BSU run crossing patterns on 3rd and 7 for an 8 or 9 yard gain because the LB’s are 10-15 yards deep?

And now they are just running the ball up the middle with little to no resistance. Yes, the defense sucks just as bad as the offense does.

Let’s face it, this team might be one of the worst we have ever seen at BYU. They are outplayed, outcoached and outhustled every game.

When we go 3 and out every time, they get tired and depressed because the offense does nothing.

I agree with Jim!

smart man. :sunglasses:

defense can’t stop anything.

While BYU has a few - a few - very talented players, the team from top to bottom is average to mediocre. After Miss St. BYU will be 1 and 6. It is very possible that we could end 6 and 7 or 5 and 8 or perhaps 4 and 9. Very sad. I still believe in giving Sitaki 2 more years but I am getting very, very timed with just wait for one or two more years, getting very tiresome.

I don’t think it’s Sitaki. We wanted Ty but his offensive scheme is terrible. He needs to use the slip screens when we can still run the ball too.

Never thought I would be waiting for BYU basketball to get started! I have a feeling that BB will be just as bad!

I don’t think so. Basketball is looking very good. We have a couple of real 3 point shooters back.

Basketball is looking good? Good for 3rd place if it goes well.

Come on SG, don’t start on the 3 point shooting thing, that is part of why BYU isn’t progressing in the wcc… too much 3 point shooting, not enough ball movement, etc.

No Mika and not enough time gtiven to develop other big men (Dastrup, etc.) means a longer time to get the team where it needs to be. We are Gonzaga’s little brother, pesky little brother, but little brother nonetheless.

There will be plenty of ball movement this year. And it will be exciting!!!

I agree with the ball movement statement. Unfortunately, too much of that ball movement will be from us to them via turnovers if Haws or Emery is allowed to run the offense. What TJ wants is what he gets so it will be a war at the first of the year to see if the coaching staff can be the Alfa male or not! The only solution to the defensive woes on this team is bench time for those players who refuse to play full time defense. I will watch to see what the consequences will be for selfish behavior and that will tell me what the season will be like.

Selfish behavior? Always one of those mysterious concepts when everyone has the green light to shoot. Bryant will be at the point. I expect open shots from him and 3 others. Whoever is at the post better be ready for passes from the other 4 players.
Defense will be the key. Not only hard work but staying out of foul trouble doing it.

middle of football season and peeps are talking hoops.

Can it get any worse?

thawk is right, a lot of how the season goes will depend on who is in charge and running the team. Will it be Rose and the coaching staff or the LP3… errr, LP2 with Haws as the alpha dog.

How bizarre, smeagol is running the team!

LOL!!!
It’s going to be a great year!!!

I read an article the other day about the basketball team devoting a lot of the off season building strength and conditioning. Dastrup lost 40 lbs since last year.

Heath Schuyer is now back at BYU that should help.

1 Like