Mika to enter NBA Draft

I won’t reply to your comment other than to say I’m not going to engage in a discussion that will go nowhere.

“I guess we should expect that Haws and Emery will put their names into the nba draft as well then, correct?”

No Emery and Haws aren’t NBA caliber players. Maybe Haws will be in a few years if he can put on about 20 lbs. and play a more disciplined game. He obviously has some tools. Emery has taken a step back in my opinion. I never said anything about either of them so I am not sure where you were going with that comment. Mika is way ahead of them at this point. They were probably considered blue chip recruits out of high school but they aren’t blue chip college players at this point.

MIka may not be ready for the NBA but he is a lot closer to being ready than Plaisted was and Plaisted left early because some agent got his ear. A lot of guys leave thinking they are better than they are. The good thing about Mika is that he appears to be a guy who is working on improving some aspect of his game all the time. Shawn Bradley is a guy who didn’t appear to be any better as a ten year NBA veteran than he was as a college freshman, at least that was my perception.

I don’t disagree with you about the money thing, and the over emphasis on it and I don’t think professional sports is a particularly good profession for anybody because it is very corrupting, much like Hollywood. All I was saying is that if a kid is outstanding there is a good chance they will leave and it happens at BYU quite often when they get the rare blue chip athlete. Shawn Bradley left, Austin Collie left, and I am sure there have been a few others. As a fan it is always disappointing. As far as Mika being ready for the NBA I think the NBA will let him know when he goes to their camps if they think he is ready. There have been times he has looked every bit an NBA player and a lot of times they will draft on athleticism and potential. I think they look a lot at potential upside and figure they can teach some fundamentals If the physical tools are there.

I said the same thing and got blasted for it.

I was drawing conclusions based on the blue chip player mention, strictly speaking about high school level blue chip, which Emery and Haws were… or so I have been told.

Satan is the master of deception. You said this was Satan’s work. So, yes you did.

Then don’t say such judgmental irresponsible comments about people like Mika whose talents allow him to earn high incomes.

Another one of Satan’s deceptions… that there is a “soul mate” and we must find them or stay single until we do.

Okay, I see I inadvertently struck a nerve by using the term “soul mate.” Please substitute the word “spouse” in place of “soul mate.” I was using the term loosely and didn’t mean it in the literal sense. Although, in my case my wife must be my soul mate because there isn’t anyone else that would have me. :older_man: (note to Jim: that last comment was not meant literally).

It was an insensitive statement. There are single people that were not able to find a husband and wife who are worthy members with temple recommends. You used a term to try and express your emotional feelings about your wife. Somehow he’s saying you were being deceived and you didn’t find your eternal partner. Oops! I used partner so I must be supporting gay marriage :wink:

Ha ha! The problem with post, texts, emails, etc. is that its hard to know the intent of the sender. Are you being sarcastic, serious, in a hurry, etc.? When I read posts on this site, I start with the notion that I would be friends with everyone if I had the pleasure meeting up somewhere. I think most everyone here feels the same way. We all love BYU sports and enjoy commiserating the ups and downs of our team.

A little of all three :slight_smile:

BK Packer has said there isn’t a one and only. How could there be if one couple married wrong it throws all other combinations off.

You don’t think two souls in the pre-existence could have known each other to a point of seeking each other out? And maybe hundreds of billions of spirits?

Yes, I think a lot of things were prearranged in pre-existence. For example it wasn’t by happen chance the Savior used the widow(mite) to teach the twelve.

I think he is just making a statement also. Too bad the transfer rule makes them sit out one year, if not about half this team (except Haws & Emery) ought to transfer to UVU.
Anybody watch West Virginia , Boy what a great defensive team. WY COWBOY

I haven’t watched a single NCAA tourney game. I was out of town when the tourney started and haven’t had time to catch-up. Plus, the way BYU finished the season sort of made me anxious to move on to football.

Sitting with an NBA coach, “Mika will go, but he needs another year”. The NBA could snatch Mika up and teach him what he needs to learn but he has all the tools and I personally don’t give Rose high marks for training big men anything other than vanilla moves. NBA coach also tells me that BYU will rarely compete because we never have any speed.

I am high on Haws getting stronger and rounding out his game. If Mika stays another year, we will see a Dance team that can win a few games.

Well, he needs to be patient because if he waits 1 or 2 more years his stock will go way up and over a few years he will break even and surpass what he would earn by going NBA this year…

to be clear, Mika did not sign with an agent. Elite players often will go work out for teams and get the “experience” but choose to stay in college. I’m fairly certain that Mika will come back for at least one more year.

But he is a no brainer NBA talent. He is also very smart and could get close to a degree by next year.

So then he will graduate and play a year at Duke :-/~

Really Scott? That is the least I want to hear seeing Mike K being a thief.
Then Frank Jackson will go on a mission and transfer to BYU - RIGHT SCOTT? Unlikely!!!