I am 100% in favor of the hire of Jeff Grime

Jim,

Your quote made me giggle as it reminded me of our football team.

“It looks like a 30% chance of rain on new years day… that is the first hope for rain in the next 10 days and I’m pretty sure by then it will be a 0% chance.”

My thinking is in regards to a 8-10 win season vs the likes of @ Arizona, Vs. Cal, @ Wisconsin, @ Washington, @ Boise St,
and @ Utah, along with all the 7 others that we play, I hope for the 30% chance of fhe 8-10 win season, but I’m pretty sure, in the first season of our new OC, by then, it will be a --------etc.

So Roy, Are you saying that we should not follow the commandments of the Bible, when you say,

“Yes, if we could not or should not judge then we would not have a brain, cognitive abilities or a reason to be on the earth”.

" Wasn’t it Satan who said, “I will be their savior and they will all obey the commandments, I guarantee it, there will be no need for judgement of any king.” ?

I really don’t understand what your point is. Are you saying that we should not believe or follow the many pages of commandments on this subject, from many different books of the Bible? Please explain. (Judge not, lest ye be judged".

Ron, our very existence on this planet is to judge and apply our free agency as we experience the vagaries of our own cognitive, emotional and behavioral functioning and the weather, climate, economic conditions, family, friends, people who do not like us, our communities, politics of many environments, governments and our foreign policies, etc. If we choose not to judge, that would be a judgement (an impossibility in practice and reality) and is counter to Heavenly Father’s commandments.

However, we are not to judge the personhood of any person for we are ALL His children and He loves every single one of us human beings. This is what the Bible teaches about judging. This kind of judging is the Lord’s prerogative only.

Ron, I sincerely wish you a joyous, loving and uplifting Christmas and a very prosperous and happy and healthy new year.

Tread very very lightly, Roy!

1 Like

thawk and roy,

As we all tread very lightly together, I wish each of you and all others on this site a joyous and happy new year.

Ron

Roy,

" we experience the vagaries of our own cognitive, emotional and behavioral functioning and the weather, climate, economic conditions, family, friends, people who do not like us, our communities, politics of many environments, governments and our foreign policies, etc "

This comes from education, in social behavior, political science, climate, basic encounters and interaction analysis.
This is not being judgemental of our peers, our brothers and our sisters.

I understand the difference. Do you?

Funny Jim.

Happy New year to you and to Thawk and all others on this site.
In the new year, let’s always remember that this is a site for football. For BYU Cougar Football.
Let’s all remember that we all want what we believe is best for our team. We may disagree on what we believe is best for our team, but we must agree that we are united in wanting our BYU Cougars to be all that they can be, which includes happiness in what they do and what they achieve.

Ron

Roy,

" I try hard Ron to keep my horns sheathed in my skull but there are times when I commit a little skulldugary".

My New year’s Resolution is not to try to understand you but to accept you with all of your horns sheathed in your skull as you continue to commit a little skulldugary. Ha. I am just trying to paraphrase your words. No harm intended.

My New years resolution includes trying to accept all of our differences as not right or wrong, but different points of view, with neither greater or lesser that the other.

Happy New Year Roy and may each of us find something in the other to appreciate.

Ron