I am 100% in favor of the hire of Jeff Grime

It looks like a 30% chance of rain on new years day… that is the first hope for rain in the next 10 days and I’m pretty sure by then it will be a 0% chance.

Floyd,

You are correct.

Some others, will find a way to get around it, and not ackowledge it, because they don’t want it to be true.

To believe it, would require effort on the part of some, that would not like to put forth the effort.

“The past 4 General Conferences talks has a lot to do with us needing to get better at how we treat others not of our faith.
If the Apostles sees a problem, then maybe we do have a problem with how we treat one another.”

Floyd,

I totalll agree with you.
"“The past 4 General Conferences talks has a lot to do with us needing to get better at how we treat others not of our faith. If the Apostles sees a problem, then maybe we do have a problem with how we treat one another.”

Please allow me to refer you to the commandment that thou shall not cast thy perals among S----. etc.
Some prefer to pick and choose the commandments that they want to follow and ignore the others.

Some people feel too holy and too religious to see anyone outside their own realm as worth while.

We all need to see all mankind as our brothers and sisters and do onto them, as we would have them do onto us, and
judge not, lest we be judged, and leave all judging to God.

Wow those are powerful commandments that almost all of us have the most difficulty in following, but probably among the the very most important.

Floyd,

I find that I agree with more of what you say, than I do with any other poster on this site.

I believe that ESPN contract with each the Big 12 is $25 Million per team. We are not in the Big 12.

Ron

The scripture quote, Ron, isn’t accurate! “And leave all judging unto God” is not part of the verse. Additionally, we are not taught that we can’t judge others and that scripture is often misquoted and misapplied. We can and should judge things and people all the time but we must do it righteously. If we weren’t supposed to ever judge anything or anyone, including ourselves, we would have all kinds of trouble!(

THAWK TELLS US THAT THE BIBLE IS WRONG. RON IS WRONG IN THINKING IT IS TRUE.

athew 7:1 King James Version
Judge Not, , that ye new not judged.

New International Version
Do not judge or you to will be judged

New Living Trans nation
Do not judge potherbs, and you will not be judged.

English Standard Version
Judge not, that you be not judged.

Green Literal Bible
Do not judge so that you will not be judged

HolmanCristian Standard Bible
Do not judge, so that yo won’t be judged

International Standard Version
Stop ;judging so that you will not be judged

New Heart English Bible
Do not judge, so that you won’t be judged

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Do not judge ;eat ups be judged

Jubilee Bible 2000
Judge not, that ye be not judged

American King James Version
Judge not, that ye may not be judged

English lRevised Version
Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Weymouth New Testament
Judge not, that you may not be judged

World English Bible
Don’t judge, so that you won’t be judged

Young Literal Translation
Judge not, that ye may not be judged.

THAWK VERSION
we are not taught that we can’t judge others and that scripture is often misquoted and misapplied. We can and should judge things and people all the time but we must do it righteously. If we weren’t supposed to ever judge anything or anyone, including ourselves, we would have all kinds of trouble!

I GUESS THAT EVER VERSION OF THE BIBLE IS WRONG.

THAWK BELIEVES THAT RON AND THE BIBLE ARE WRONG WHEN WE SAY THAT GOD IS THE ONE THAT SHOULD DO THE JUDGING AND NOT OURSELVES:

LEAVE THE JUDGING TO GOD JAMES 4:12

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT LEAVING THE JUDGING TO GOD?

James 4:11-12 Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.
There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

James 4:12 There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?
John 8:7 ESV / 348 helpful votes
And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.”

James 4:12 There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?
Romans 2:1 Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things.
2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

Isaiah 33:22
For the Lord is our judge; the Lord is our lawgiver; the Lord is our king; he will save us.

Acts 17:31
Because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.” (JESUS ?)
1 Corinthians 2:15
The spiritual person ( JESUS), judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one.
Psalm 50:6 The heavens declare his righteousness, for God himself is judge! Selah
2 Timothy 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.

Psalm 75:7 But it is God who executes judgment, putting down one and lifting up another.
Romans 16:17-18 I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.
John 5:22 The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son,
1 Corinthians 4:5
Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then each one will receive his commendation from God.
Romans 14:10
Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God;

Titus 3:10 As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him,

Romans 14:13 Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother.

Romans 14:10-12 Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; for it is written, “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.” So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.
Romans 2:1-2 Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things. We know that the judgment of God rightly falls on those who practice such things.
Titus 3:2 To speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.
1 Corinthians 4:3-4
But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by any human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself. For I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby acquitted. It is the Lord who judges me.

1 Corinthians 4:3-4
But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by any human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself. For I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby acquitted. It is the Lord who judges me.

CLAUSEWITZE,

I am not looking for another National Championship, nor am I looking for another Heisman Trophy, nor am I looking for another miracle bowl.

What I am looking for is a chance to EARN our way into a P5 conference and be competative in that conference where we are able to win at least half of our games inside the conference and most of the games outside of our conference and be considered to be a top half of that conference.

I don’t think that is too much to work for.

Ron

Ron, I think you are judging THawk, hahaha , MR CAPS.

Yikes I’m outta here😄

Yes, if we could not or should not judge then we would not have a brain, cognitive abilities or a reason to be on the earth. Wasn’t it Satan who said, “I will be their savior and they will all obey the commandments, I guarantee it, there will be no need for judgement of any king.” Or something like that. Bishops are guilty of sin as they are judges. Legal judges are sinners as they judge also. I really wonder which one of us who can truthfully say we have never judged anything. Unless one is in a coma, each one of judges many times per day or even hour.

1 Like

Ron, it appears that you are judging the FB program at the Y?! It appears you might have written pages and pages of judging the administration, coaches and players. I am not judging you for not being content with the current situation in BYU FB. I am not judging you about using 2000 word responses when you could get away with 200 word statements. I am not judging you for misinterpreting all the judging verses of the Bible. Have a Merry Christmas!!

1 Like

Thawk,

I must have misunderstood you when you posted ,“Ron, isn’t accurate” “The scripture is often misquoted and misapplied” " We can and should judge things and people all the time but we must do it righteously" " If we weren’t supposed to ever judge anything or anyone, including ourselves, we would have all kinds of trouble"

My post was only to show you where I was coming from using the Bible as my reference.

As far as your last post, You pick and choose what you want to find, rather than what is actually there. I love my BYU, as I am sure that you do also. The difference between us is that I want our University to be the best it possibly can and keep up with the need changes (within the limits of the NCCA and the Church Standards). You seem to not want to make any changes and as a result, watch us fall behind in freefall.

I believe that one of the greatest rewards of following the commandments of, “Judge Not, Lest Ye Be Judged”, is that we will not have as many people hating us and trying to hold us back.

Happy Holidays.
Ron

Roy,

Wasn’t it Jesus that said, "I will give unto all, their free agency, and let them make the choices, and let God Judge them for the choices that they make, good or bad, and all Glory be to God? (Paraphrase) unless you want me to go back and get the actual long version of it.

I would rather follow the words of Jesus than Satin. But you have your free agency to choose which ever you wish.

fish (Chris),

I know that this is one of the hardest commandments than any of us can possibly be asked to follow. Perhaps that is the reason that so many of us put it on the back burner and/or find reasons to not follow it. I am guilty and I know of no person that is not guilty of following this commandment, however, I can tell you, that it is a commandment that I do indeed try to follow, and I believe strongly that if all of us tried to follow it, our rewards would be great by not having as many people hate us as a group.

I have heard from many non Mormons, that individually speaking, they have never met better human beings as the Mormons, however, collectively, they are a very arrogant, bias, and judgemental people. I would like to change that perception by having all of us try to the best of our ability to live this very hard, and very complexed commandment.

Ron

Thawk,

Really ?

“Ron, it appears that you are judging the FB program at the Y?! It appears you might have written pages and pages of judging the administration, coaches and players.”

That, in my opinion, is a stretch. Other than wanting us to work hard, which we now appear to be doing, at improving our position in 1A Football from #118 out of 130 teams to at least #59 and if possible, somewhere in the 30’s or 20’s, I see no where that I have judged the players or the coaches, or the University. Instead, my intent is that we do what is necessary to right the ship.

As far as the pages and pages and pages of scriptures which I quoted the bible, word for word, that we should judge not, lest we be judged, I apologize for the Bible having so many reference telling us not to judge. Perhaps I should have used a pica 8 to cut down on the pages.

One more correction, if I may, but not to be judgemental, but instead, to quote you, my message was to all Christians, be they Mormons, Catholics, or any other denomination, that we should judge not, lest ye be judged, and you turn that around to be aimed at the University, the football team as a whole, the individual players and the coaches. That is all in your head and not in mine.

I include myself as one of those that are judgemental. The difference between us is that I try not to be judgemental, while using your words, not mine, that one should be judgemental (regardless of what the scriptures tell us).

On the twelfth day of Christmas, Ron U. wrote an epistle to the fans of BYU football…

thawk opened up a can of worms… plenty for anyone who wants to go fishing.

I try hard Ron to keep my horns sheathed in my skull but there are times when I commit a little skulldugary. :laughing: :innocent: :smiling_imp:

I would advise that no one go fishing on this issue!! You will have to make a judgment call of your own!!

Thawk, Jim, Roy, fish, Sundance, Clausewitze, Floyd, Aro, grasshopper, Rubicon, and Tlaimer,

I want to wish each and everyone of you, a very Merry Christmas, and in the spirit of peace and good will to all men on earth, I do hope and I do pray that the New year, 2018, will have each of us, each in our own way, do what ever we can to promote the welfare of our beloved BYU Cougar Football team. May we all stay focused on our likeness and not our differences, and may we all of keep in mind, that which we all want and that which we believe, is best for our team.

Happy Fishing.

Ron Uharriet