How Does The Offensive Coordinator Choose his Starting Quarter BacK?

Floyd

There is one thing that we agree on 100% “I think Kalani is a good choice,”
I am looking forward to many other things that we can agree on, and remain respectful on those
very few things that we do not AGREE ON.

I just think last year was a perfect storm for BYU (hard schedule, inexperienced coaches, injuries).

So I have much hope for this year…

Floyd,

Once again, you offer some very important information. I am learning much from you,

“they have to be a card carrying member, which I not sure why,”

Can you find out why Floyd? Is it a lack off trust?

Not to be contrary, but it seems like we make more effort to continue to shoot ourselves in the foot, then the effort provided to heal the woods of our self infliction.

I am hopeful that our disagreement will be respectful and friendly, It is not you that I have disagreement with, but instead, it is the policy. You agree with the policy and I differ from that policy.

Basically, I am more for inclusion of all and see good in all just like I see some not so good in all. I guess that makes me a bleeding heart liberal. On the other hand, the policy that I have issues with seem less inclusive and more restrictive, and I guess that is what people call Far Right Conservatism.

Floyd,

This may be one of our greatest disagreements. How sad for each of us.

" We should never apologizes to anyone for our stance on marriage and what our beliefs are".

I keep asking you to read again my statement. If indeed you do, somehow, you do not understand it.

Let me spell it out for you again for about the 5th time. (4-5 times).

“Apologize, not for what we believe, but for interfering with what others believe. ( LGBT)”

This means that nobody should apologize for what they believe in.
This also means that we should apologize for interfering what with what others believe.
I do believe this to be true.

Ron

Floyd,

I am happy to announce that we totally agree with this issue which you state:

“Trustees needs to stop mandating the coach be a bishop (Mendenhall).”

I think that if Mendenhall was given more of an opportunity to coach Football instead
of making up (cute church like slogans), he would have been a good coach.

I think that if Mendenhall would have never lecture to other seasoned coached in the Nation, on
how to be more moral and not run up the score because these were just kids playing ball, then he
might have been a vey good coach.

All of this lecturing to coaches, both in the USA and on his old mission field, took place just
before we brought the once proud UCLA of the proud P5 conference Pac 12, in Provo,
down on their knees with a 59-0 loss against our Cougars.

In summary, I believe that Mendenhall would have been one of our better coaches, but
instead, had too much( huff in mouth) disease and too much cuteness and too much hard
sale of the church, to really be as good of a coach as he is capable of being. I am looking
closely on how he does in Va. without the Church guidelines that he once had to, or
( thought that he had to )follow.

Floyd,

A wise man, recently once said, that General Authorities are not authorities in all things.
This very wise man went on to say that there are somethings that General Authorities are not authority in,
and they therefore, should advise others to seek out true authorities in those fields.

This very wise man said that all that comes from the mouth of the General Authorities are not based on divine revelation etc. etc. etc. (Man did I ever butcher this paraphrase), but I am sure that you know what I am talking about.

You stated: “The church has NEVER paid for sports at BYU, nor will they. It is up to the AD to gather in donations, as well as gate receipts to support the sports programs at BYU.”

How sad, if true, and I have no reason to doubt you. Why do we have to be the only University that does not pay for their athletic department.

If true, and I do believe you, one might ask if the Church and/or the AD shares all the wealth from the gate receipts, from the rental of the concessions at each game, and the TV revenue, and all of the other sources of income from the football program with those Donars and others, and the fans that enter those Lavel Edwards stadium gates to see the games.

If not, why not? Of course I am being facetious to make a point. Why shouldn’t a university pay for all of it’s departments, i.e. Science, Math, Athletic? How many donors pay to keep the math department going? How many gate receipts do we get to pay for the Math department? Why do we keep finding ways to fail instead of using the energy to find ways to succeed. i just don’t buy it.

What would such an apology look like? How have we “interfered with what others believe?”

One of the action points of the gay agenda is to demonize those who believe it is wrong for committing thought crime. That is, the mere belief that it is sinful to increasingly many denotes “interfering with what they believe.” This is hogwash, and apologies sought by twisting arms are only the beginning. It is better to simply preach our beliefs, and have others preach theirs. The problem is that increasingly, we are losing the ability to disagree with each other without painting the other person as a horrible person, an idiot, subhuman, etc.

And the LGBT side has done plenty of that against us and other conservative Christians simply for believing that it is a sin and opposing gay marriage. The fact that they have “won” as far as civil law, and almost all of us have simply quietly accepted that fact while continuing to believe our beliefs means nothing to them. We have to think correct thoughts. You have to mean it, Potter! (Bellatrix LeStrange from Harry Potter).

So let me ask you this question: Does this go for those who protest outside of conference when we have general conference? people protesting against our religion is “interfering with our lives”, isn’t it?

Here is where I think we disagree Ronald… The church was never part of the development of Prop 8 in California. It was by invitation of the Catholic Church that the LDS church got involved. Yes, they organized the California units to support prop 8.

Prop 8 was not about interfering with LBGT community, it was about defending the sanctity of marriage as ordained by God, which we have a right as a religion to do.

I have no problem what soever with the church involving itself in defense of what they believe about marriage.

Do you feel the same way when the church stood up on social issues like Drinking alcohol?, smoking pot or taking drugs?, abusing or neglecting children? Did you ask the church to apologize to those people who were affected by the actions of the Church concerning their behavior?

It seems to be ridiculous to compare Gay marriage to drinking booze, but the concept is the same. The church has a duty to stand up against things that go against the laws of God as defined in the scriptures.

The church never once promoted the idea that we should be unkind or mean to the LBGT community, in fact, they promoted tolerance and love toward all people. Saying if we do not love our neighbors, even though they do not live our beliefs, and treat them well, we are not members in good standings. That was delivered in a conference talk.

Here is the other rub, that I am not sure you understand, most gay people that I know, who are not the activist type, understood why the church did what they did in prop 8. They understood that in our beliefs, gay marriage is not correct. Some of them respected the church that they would actually stand up for what we believed. They did not like the stance, but understood the reasons why the church did what they did. The only ones that are offended by the action of the church are the activist. Here in Utah, the church works with the LBGT community and helps them in various ways, including as I said before, getting them equal protection under the law.

That is why I said we should never apologize for involvement in Prop 8. If good men do nothing, evil men will prevail…

1 Like

FLOYD:----- So let me ask you this question: Does this go for those who protest outside of conference when we have general conference? people protesting against our religion is “interfering with our lives”, isn’t it?

RON: ------ You are absolutely correct. #1 Does two wrongs = 1 right? #2 Why are they protesting? is it because “for every action, there is a separate but equal reaction?” #3 Is it because “do onto others as you would have them do onto you” is at play here? #4 is it retribution for what we did to them with
Prop 8? #5. Is it because we are 100% right with no guilt and they are 100% wrong and therefore the only guilty persons?

Floyd:-----0 Here is where I think we disagree Ronald… The church was never part of the development of Prop 8 in California. It was by invitation of the Catholic Church that the LDS church got involved. Yes, they organized the California units to support prop 8.

Ron: ----- Why must we always blame others for our own short comings, Why can’t we ever accept responsibility for our own actions? Why can’t we ever say, "I made a bad mistake, please forgive me?
The Catholic church tried very hard to separate themselves from us in our claim that Prop 8 was a joint effort. The Pope said, "I am not changing doctrine. The doctrine remains the same. What I am doing here and now, is changing the order of importance of those things which we need to consider working on.
We have spent far too much time, talking about the issues of abortion and the issues of the LGBT community. We need to put this issues more on the back burner and bring forward the more important issues like feeding and housing the poor, and learning how to get along with all of our fellow men/women.
(yes I paraphrased, but the message is the same) Which sounds the most Christ like to you?

Floyd: ----- Prop 8 was not about interfering with LBGT community, it was about defending the sanctity of marriage as ordained by God, which we have a right as a religion to do.

Ron: ----- If what you say is true, and for this posting, I will agree with you, Did we exercise our right to Free Agency choosing right from wrong?" If so, is it us that are accountable for the choices we made, or should we blame it on the Catholic Church? We have the right in our religion to defend our right to do that which we, believe/know, to be true.
We do not have the right to force our will onto others. We as straights have the right to get married, and if worthy, get married in the temple. We do not have the right to tell others that want to get married that they can’t. The supreme court says this. We believe in honoring, obeying and sustaining the law of the land, or at least we use to.

Floyd: ----- I have no problem what soever with the church involving itself in defense of what they believe about marriage.

Ron:----- When we interfere with the rights of others, in order to defend our own rights, than there is something terribly wrong with the way we think/believe/do. I do not believe that this is what our doctrine tells us is correct, I know that we are better than that. To think otherwise is pure arrogance and in my opinion, based on what the scriptures suggest to us, humility wins out every time over arrogance. Arrogance is not in God’s Plan for Salvation.

Floyd:----- Do you feel the same way when the church stood up on social issues like Drinking alcohol?, smoking pot or taking drugs?, abusing or neglecting children? Did you ask the church to apologize to those people who were affected by the actions of the Church concerning their behavior?

Ron:-----I believe in honoring, obeying, and sustaining the law of the land. I have taught my children the dangers of doing all of these things that you mentioned above, and many other things i.e. arrogance, i.e. judging others, i.e not forcing your will onto others because like us, others have their free agency to chose right from wrong and the appropriate authorities, be they in government or in heaven, shall have rewarded or punished them/us for the choices they/us make, good or bad. I have taught my children the we are not the policemen and that we should judge not lest we be judged. We have plenty room for improvement to clean us in our own lives without trying to point out the bad things in others. I preferred my children to find the good things in others.

Floyd: -----It seems to be ridiculous to compare Gay marriage to drinking booze, but the concept is the same. The church has a duty to stand up against things that go against the laws of God as defined in the scriptures.

Ron:----- I see no real difference in your comparison of Gay Marriage, drinking booze, having the gull to think that you must make everyone be like yourself, and where they fall short of believing like you do, take away their rights. I believe that the Church has the duty to teach it’s members those things that the Church believes to be true. I believe the missionaries have the right to tell their families investigating the Church, that which the Church believes in and stands for. Those families have the choice to believe it and accept it or not believe it and not accept it. I do not believe that the Church has the right to force their will and/or their beliefs onto others that do not believe the message and/or accept the message. I do not believe in dictatorship. I do not believe in taking away the free agency of people and in the early days of the Church, when I was a pre teen, a teen and in my early 20’s, neither did the Church.

Floyd:---- The church never once promoted the idea that we should be unkind or mean to the LBGT community, in fact, they promoted tolerance and love toward all people. Saying if we do not love our neighbors, even though they do not live our beliefs, and treat them well, we are not members in good standings. That was delivered in a conference talk.

Ron: -----Floyd—words, words, memorized words pack full on non-meaning, If I agree with your statement, than none of us are members in good standing because we, as members of the Church, were unkind or mean to the LGBT community with the Prop 8 issue when we crossed state lines into California to defeat their right to marry. They were not taking away our right to marry. They were only asking for their right to marry also. We defeated their will. The supreme court overturned the ruling saying that what we were doing is unconstitutional. We believe in honoring, obeying and sustaining the law of the land, or at least we use to, so this should be the end of the story.

Floyd: ----- Here is the other rub, that I am not sure you understand, most gay people that I know, who are not the activist type, understood why the church did what they did in prop 8. They understood that in our beliefs, gay marriage is not correct. Some of them respected the church that they would actually stand up for what we believed. They did not like the stance, but understood the reasons why the church did what they did. The only ones that are offended by the action of the church are the activist. Here in Utah, the church works with the LBGT community and helps them in various ways, including as I said before, getting them equal protection under the law.

Ron:---- You live in Utah Floyd. Your acquaintances are straight and if any, Utah Gay, It was the Utah people that invaded California crossing over state lines to interfere with our state elections.
I live in California, where we were invaded by those of you in Utah. I am as straight as an arrow and anything other than straight for me is repulsive. (for me, not for others). Having said that, I was among the offended from those crossing state lines to influence our elections. (Trump/Russia Syndrome). I realize that most in Utah support Trump and Fox news so, I apologize for the comparison. My California experience is totally different. I was head of a department in our high school. Our school Psychologist was Gay. One of our P.E. and Health teachers was a Lesbian that was awarded the National Teacher of the Year. Our Principal was a Lesbian. One of the teacher’s in my department was Gay. Several of our Female P.E teachers were Lesbian. With a teaching staff of about 120 in our school, we had about 12 that were Lesbian or Gay. These fine people were among the most educated, the most respected, and the most compassionate people in our community. They indeed were very close associates if not friends. They each knew from early childhood that they were LG. The each at one time or another tried to be Straight, as they tell the story, but to them, being straight was every bit as repulsive as it would be for you or I to be Gay.

Floyd:----- That is why I said we should never apologize for involvement in Prop 8. If good men do nothing, evil men will prevail…

Ron:----- My remarks above, is why regrettably this shall remain our greatest disagreement.

Summary:------Patrict Henery was an activist. Martin Luther King Jr. was an activist. Each of us offer a distinct different point of view. Perhaps most inside the Church would say that you are correct and I am wrong. Perhaps of the other 300 million people inside the United States most would say that I am right and you are wrong. Perhaps we are all wrong, both inside and outside the church. Perhaps, if one reads above with an OPEN mind, not defensive mind, but an OPEN mind, if what you read from Floyd really sound correct, than it probably is. If what you read from him does not sound correct, then probably it isn’t. The same goes for my thoughts above. If you can shoot holes through what I am trying to covey, than possible what I say above needs to be shot down. If what I say above sound logical and compassionate to you, than perhaps maybe it is.

Floyd: who said anything about blaming others? The Catholic Church ask our church to help support the issue. The Church agreed to help, because like the Catholics, they believe in the sanctity of marriage. The Church never denied thier part in pushing Prop 8… NEVER!

Ronald, my question to you is simple: Do you believe the LDS church is the True Church? It is lead by a Prophet of God? if so, is President Gordon B. Hinckley a prophet?

Either you believe the prophets or you don’t, there is no in between…

Here is the issue that you are forgetting, The support for Prop 8 had nothing to do with denying Gays rights, it had to do with supporting what the Laws of God has laid out for us. It also had to do with the fact that the LBGT agenda in forcing churches to accept their lifestyle, which includes being married in the Temple.

If the church did not stand up for the right of marriage, what do you think would have happened? The next time a group wants to dictate a religious belief?

Here is the other thing you forget, the Church spends millions of dollars supporting other religions, either through charities like the Catholic relief fund or direct contribution like when the “Moonies” group was being persecuted by the Federal Government, the church donated money to the Moonies defense fund. They have donated money and buildings to other religions to give them a place to worship.

So forgive me for saying, I think you are being a strawman on this issue.

Seriously Ron? have you ever been on a mission? You do realize that the LDS church has done NOTHING to protested by these “Born Again”, they are protesting because they think our religion is a cult not a religion.

Sorry Ron, You need to get a reality check on this issue with the church always being at fault for the way it is treated. It is not always the church fault, The Savior was persecuted by his people for “Being Different”, The scriptures tells us that the world will always fight against Zion in the last days…

Guess what Ron, We are in the last days, where even the elect of God can be deceived. So answer me this question: What side are you on? Because based on some of your postings, you seem to be critical of the church alot.

Not trying to be brash here, but one thing no one has ever accused me of was being polite, I call it, like I see it… Again, not trying to offend, but I can tell you from personal experience that if we are not always diligent in keeping in turn, we will be mislead at some point in our lives.

Please show me one place in the Constitution that says Marriage is a right? SCOTUS got it wrong, when they said Gay Marriage was a right. We restrict criminals (my sister had to get court permission before getting married) from being married, we restrict marriage to a certain age, we restrict all kinds of people from getting married.

So why LBGT think they are special?

WE (LDS CHURCH) did not defeat Gay Marriage with Prop 8… It WAS the citizens of California that made that happened. In Fact there are about 770,000 LDS members living in a state with over 39 million people in it… that is around 2 percent of the population… And you think we denied Gay Marriage? What happened to the other 38 million people who are not LDS… don’t you think they should be blamed as well?

The two main forces behind Prop 8 was the Catholic Church and the Baptist church… Their members are the ones that voted for Prop 8 Ronald…

Ron,
Let me put it in simple terms… I do not give a rat behind what the people in this country thinks about my beliefs. I do not go to church to please the members or any of the 270 million people living in this country.

What I do care about is how the God I know thinks of me, whether he approves of my beliefs and feelings.I believe whole heartedly in the gospel of Jesus Christ, and the man that restored that gospel Joseph Smith.The church in which he founded, although ran by man and their many mistakes…

Ron, you keep saying “Judge Not, Lest you be judged”…

If you believe the Prophet Joseph is a prophet, then maybe this correct translation might help you more:

" Judge not unrighteously, that ye be not judged; but judge righteous judgment."

Reply to Floyd:

Floyd:——You do realize that the LDS church has done NOTHING to protested by these “Born Again”, they are protesting because they think our religion is a cult not a religion.

Ron:—— What is your definition of a CULT? Check the dictionary.
Now is it the Born agains fault? Why do they think we are a cult? Didn’t you tell me in our last post that it was the fault of the Catholics that made us cross state lines and go into California to interfere with their elections with Prop 8? Instead of always blaming someone else, wouldn’t it be more adult to say, “I’m sorry, I will never do anything like that again?”

Floyd:——Sorry Ron, You need to get a reality check on this issue with the church always being at fault for the way it is treated. It is not always the church fault,

Ron ———Thank you for the reality check Floyd. I agree with you The Church is not aways wrong. The vast majority of the time, it is right. As the GA said, all that comes from the mouth of a GA is not divine. Sometimes, it is opinion. Sometimes it is policy and not doctrine. I believe, not to find fault, but to try to help one see that which is greatly offensive to others. I do not blame , but instead, try to amend things so that there needs to be no blame. I do not put down, but instead, I try to make suggestions to help bring (US) up. I believe that the status quo is not always the best way. I believe that all of us can improve in our own personal lives without putting ourselves above all others of a different flock.

Floyd:——The Savior was persecuted by his people for “Being Different”,

Ron:—— Yes indeed. And now, politically speaking with Prop 8, using your example, the LGBT community, being different from us, was being persecuted by us. Yes, I see the similarity. What is the point that you are making? It was those religious Pharisees that did Jesus in. Yes, as I recall, he chose his apostles not from those that spent much of their time in the Churches and synagogs, but instead, he chose them from those hard working fishermen that spent days at sea for weeks at a time before ever seeing land. Yes, your are correct. I fail to see the point that you are trying to make.

Floyd:——Because based on some of your postings, you seem to be critical of the church alot.

Ron:———Floyd, I am not critical of the Church. I am sometimes pointing out some of the errors that I personally feel that some of the people in the Church make.
I do this, not to find fault, but instead, I do this in hopes that we will benefit from some behavior modification.
Please try not to blame the Church for what we as menbers sometime do that are not Christ like.

Floyd:——-Guess what Ron, We are in the last days, where even the elect of God can be deceived.

Ron:—— When you say the elect of God, are you speaking of the GA’s or are you speaking of people like you and me, or do you have a different category in mind? We were in the last days in the 1930’s and 40’s when I was growing up. We still are. It is possible, I believe, that a thousand years to us, is like a day to God. Didn’t he create the earth in a day?

Floyd:——So answer me this question: What side are you on?

Ron:——-I am on the side of each issue that I think is right. I am against the side of any issue that I think is wrong. I realize and I accept the fact that those that I think are on the wrong side, has their free agency to be on any side they choose to be and that they will be rewarded or not, for the choices they make from our Father in Heaven.

Floyd:——-Not trying to be brash here, but one thing no one has ever accused me of was being polite, I call it, like I see it.

Ron:—— I am have never accused you of being polite Floyd. That is not being brash Floyd. That is being honest and forthright and I admire that. I try to do the same. On this subject, we totally agree.

Floyd:——-Again, not trying to offend, but I can tell you from personal experience that if we are not always diligent in keeping in turn, we will be mislead at some point in our lives.

Ron:——-Are you leaving open the possibility that you may have been misled at some time in your life? or——does that only apply to others. I am not offended by anything you say Floyd. I like you. I use to thing we thought a lot alike on many issues. I misjudged, and I apologize for that. Like you suggest, I think, we must all be diligent in doing what is right and let the consequences follow. In my case, when I see something that really hits me hard as being not right, I feel that I must let my brothers and sisters know how I feel and in return, they have their free agency to accept or reject that which I offer as opinion. If that brings about undesired consequences, that saddens me, but I will accept those consequences.

Rubicon
July 10

Ron, ———Thank you Rubicon for your reply. I truly think that talking about this issue, weather any of us ever agree or not, is very much needed and healthy. My hope is that each of us have an open mind and have a desire to find out that which is doctrine and that which is policy, and then, those things that are just policy, may have a chance to improve for the betterment of all, both inside a and outside of the Church.

Rubicon:——What would such an apology look like?

Ron:———The Bible tells us that if we truly repent, we will be forgiven. We are told that true repentance follows this pattern:

1. Be truly sorry with a broken heart and a contrite spirt.
  2. Confess that which was wrongfully done.
  3. With that same broken heart and contrite spirit, ask for forgiveness.

Rubicon:——How have we “interfered with what others believe?”

Ron:——We crossed state lines into California, and with our truck loads of money, caused the LGBT community to lose prop 8 on the ballot in California, which would have not taken away the rights for straights to marry, but instead, just give equal rights to the LGBT community. Yes, they lost that election issue, mostly due to our efforts, however the Supreme Court over turned the ruling stating it was unconstitutional and in the end, they LGBT community was given the right to marry, which did nothing to take away the rights of the straights to marry.

Rubicon:———One of the action points of the gay agenda is to demonize those who believe it is wrong for committing thought crime.

Ron——I respectfully disagree. it is more about, “Do onto others as you would have others do onto you.” It is more about, “What goes around, comes around”, It is more about, “As ye sew, so shall ye reap”, it is more about, “For every action, there is a separate but equal reaction.

The point is, if you don’t want anybody to interfere in your life and your beliefs, then don’t interfere with them and their beliefs. The point is, if you don’t want them to keep you from getting something your really want, (P5 Conference) and much, much more, than don’t try to keep them from what they really want. (equality). The point is, if you do not want them to give you a bad time, than don’t give them a bad time.
The Bible tells us all about this, but we find reasons to not believe it for find reasons not to follow it.

Rubicon:———That is, the mere belief that it is sinful to increasingly many denotes “interfering with what they believe.” This is hogwash, and apologies sought by twisting arms are only the beginning.

Ron——— If we do not want our arms twisted, we should stop twisting theirs.

Rubicon:———It is better to simply preach our beliefs, and have others preach theirs.

Ron: I totally agree with you.

Rubicon:———IThe problem is that increasingly, we are losing the ability to disagree with each other without painting the other person as a horrible person, an idiot, subhuman, etc.

Ron:——Once again, I totally agree with you. I see the same thing happening as you describe. I think that we, as adults, need to take a step back and change our behavior from trying to win a contest to instead, trying to have an open mind and a willingness to be able to make needed changes where there are indeed changes to be made. The problem is, we are too set in defending our position, that we are not open to that said needed change.

Rubicon:——And the LGBT side has done plenty of that against us and other conservative Christians simply for believing that it is a sin and opposing gay marriage. The fact that they have “won” as far as civil law, and almost all of us have simply quietly accepted that fact while continuing to believe our beliefs means nothing to them. We have to think correct thoughts. You have to mean it, Potter! (Bellatrix LeStrange from Harry Potter).

Ron:——Awe yes, good ol Harry Potter. We must remember that We believe in honoring, sustaining and obeying the law of the land. This, back in the day, should bring an end to this conversation. The situation, as you describe it, reminds me of the situation in Iraq and Iran. If you remember, we got into that war under false pretense. We are still there 16 years later. We say they have terrorest there. They say, they have Freedom Fighters there trying to get us out of there country. They are who they are so they are wrong. We are who we are, so I guess under our current thinking, we are right.

I agree with you about Mangum. He lost it in 2017. I think by letting him sit in 2016 he lost his mojo. He mentioned that he was having some psychological problems. I think that when he sat in 2016 he lost his confidence and his feelings about philosophical problems led to his demise in 2017. Hoge is all right, but he really didn’t play much. To me Critchlow has the size and the natural talent to be the starting QB with Hoge as backup. The freshman needs another year of practice on the Scout team.

Good points about faith Floyd. I agree with your philosophy 100%.

texcoug 1492

I agree with you about "The freshman needs another year of practice on the Scout team. ",
but not because he isn’t good enough to be considered, because I believe that he is good enough to be considered, but instead, because, I believe that it would be to his advantage not to be pushed into such an important roll before he has the chance to adjust not only football at the Division 1 level, but to college in general. I believe that it is to his advantage, as you say, to be on the Scout team for a season before hitting the Strawberry Fields forever.

I also agree with you that Critchlow has the size and the natural talent to be the starting QB as he is probably most like Taysom Hill over any of the others. I think that Hoge, with his experience, should have an equal change at least compared to Critchlow.

Here is where we disagree: I can remember the Freshman year of greatness vs Nebraska and Boise State and the rest of those teams he went against as the (Freshman Quarter Back of the Year) title awarded to Tanner Magnum that year.

Yes, I also remember all the injuries, the healing process, the losing of his job as starter, the bouts with depression, (probably in large part, because of losing his starting position), as you mention, and I remember his defeated attitude, that some of us suspect, in the dreadful 2017 season that we would all like to forget but can’t. As bad as that 2017 season was, it was not all Tanner’s fault. He had receivers that just couldn’t get open. He had receivers that they themselves were so depressed, that they just couldn’t put that extra effort into making things happen… Tanner shares the blame, but without receivers able to perform, he also could not do as well as we believe the he should have.

Times and coaches and systems have all changed now on the Offense. The new system(s) is better suited for Tanner’s skill set. He never was able to get into the Pro system.

To be clear, I couldn’t care less now, if Tanner was a senior or freshman or anything in between.
We can not afford to have anything but the very best on the field now, regardless whom that might be.

I believe that now, with Tanner totally healed, now, having been in the best condition of his life,
having lost 20 pounds while building up muscle, and probably being the most accurate in passing
than he has ever been,especially when he is on the move, I think that with all of that experience playing those big GAMES, AND WIINING THEM, we would be foolish not to start him vs both Arizona and Cal.

If he does well against these two teams, having won at least one of them and looking good in the other, the position is his to keep. That would do much to end any bouts with depression. If he does not look good in these two games, than it is time to take him out and try either Critchlow or Hodge. I like all four of our top guys and I do want what is best for them as well as for us.

You have to start whom ever plays the best in August and that could be any of the four including Wilson. I don’t care if it’s Mangum or not. No more inherited starts or gifts. Frankly I’m not big on Tanner. His receivers made a lot of big plays for him as a freshman. He has never moved great and I have him in 4th place right now, but if he wins the job from Grimes, I know he earned it. Hoge looked good until the injury. Critchlow looked inexperienced and out of his depth last year, but obvious height and arm strength. It will be interesting, but I wouldn’t be surprised about anyone. No matter what, you can look for a couple of transfers next year as at least 6 qbs have a lot of talent

Sun Dance, texCoug,

Grimes said: (I paraphrase), regarding the top 4 contender to be
the starting QB:

The chosen one must be confident;
Must be tough;
    Must have a competitive spirit about him.,” . 
“That’s a non-negotiable. 

He has to be able to run our offense flawlessly; 
    He must be able to break the huddle, call the play, 
shift motion, check us into the right play. 

He’s got to be able to run the offense. 

Lastly, he needs to be accurate when he throws 
the football. Consistently accurate. 

A guy’s athleticism is something we like and certainly value
    but we can live with a little bit more or less of that either way. 

His job is to run the offense and distribute the football consistently.”	

I believe that all four of the top contenders will show confidence 
    during Fall Camp.

I believe that both Junior Beau Hoge and Sophomore Joe Critchlow
    may come out on top for showing toughness.

This is not a strength of Tanner and Zach is still too young to be thought 
   of as tough.  (Very good, but not yet tough).  Fall Practice may change my mind;

All four of our contenders will show, during Fall camp, a very competitive spirit.

With all of his experience and remembering how he was in his Freshman Year,
    I do believe that Tanner is over his depression issues and is at this time the leader 
    to look at to run our offense flawlessly.

We know that Junior Beau Hoge; Sophomore Joe Critchlow; Senior Tanner Magnum
    are each capable of being able to break the huddle, call the play, shift motion, and 
check us into the right play.

We also know that while Wilson was great in high school, he has no experience at
   the D1 College football level.  I believe that It would be best for him to not get thrown 
   to the wolves before he is ready.  

We also know that Tanner has the most experience.  In trying to right the ship,
     I believe it would be a shame to throw the baby out with the wash.

Ultimately, I put my full trust in both the OC and the QB coach to make the right 
    decision based on how well the four top contenders do during this month of Fall 
    Practice which starts 8/3/18. 

With our current coaching staff, there will be no favoritism.  There will be no politics.  
    The best man will be chosen.  I really do trust that with this staff.

I will cheer on and support anyone of the three or four  of these QB’s that proves 
    himself to be the man for the job this Fall.

Senior Tanner Mangum;
Junior Beau Hoge; 
Sophomore Joe Critchlow; 
Freshman Zach Wilson.