How Does The Offensive Coordinator Choose his Starting Quarter BacK?

How does an Offensive Coordinator Choose His Starting QB

PLEASE CUT AND PASTE ONTO YOUR OWN POST WITH YOUR OWN NAME AND FILL IN THE BLANKS AND SUBMIT FOR COMPARISON OF THOUGHT EVALUATION. THANK YOU.

If you are or have been an OC Coordinator, tell us in your first paragraph. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you are or have been any football coach, HC, Coordinator, or any Asst. coach in High School, College, NFL or playground tell us about your experience in your first paragraph so we will no where your opinion is coming from. If you have had no actual experience but consider yourself a recreational fan, tell us that too. The comparisons will help.________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Let’s hypothetically choose and rationalize our choice for each candidate between
Magnum, Hodge, Critchlow and Wilson. Jacob Conover will not be evaluated for this group as he will be going on his mission and we will not see him on the field during the next two years.

What do you like about each candidate.
Why would you like him to be the starter and why?

1. Mangum
  2. Hoge
  3. Critchlow
    4 Wilson

What weaknesses to you see in each candidate that should keep him from being the starter?

1. Mangum
  2. Hoge
  3. Critchlow
    4 Wilson

Based on your own evaluation, whom should be the starter?_________________
Who should be the back up?__________________________________________
Who should be on the Scout team?____________________________________
What should we do with the fourth QB and who is he and why ?__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What was the single largest reason for each of the four QB’s to get the a position that you assigned to them.______________________________________________________

When 4 star Conover comes home from his mission, should he be rewarded for choosing BYU over Alabama and his home town team, ASU, by letting him know that sitting on the bench will not be longer than one season, or should we leave that decision open until after the Spring Practice and the Fall Practice of his return?

Is the reason for your decision, in tune more to wanting the opportunity open to all athleletes, based on the performance on the field durning the seasons Spring and Fall Practice?_____________________or is it because you want to send a message that all 4-5 star players considering BYU will have special consideration?

or other?_________________________

Explain other:_____________________________________________________________________

Finally, if we can get 100 or more samplings from this site, would it help the coaching staff to see the opinion of the 100 or more samplings? Why would or would not it help?

SO FAR, NOBODY HAS TAKEN THE SURVEY, SO I WILL START IT BELOW. PLEASE GIVE YOUR IMPUT. THNKS.

How does an Offensive Coordinator Choose His Starting QB

PLEASE CUT AND PASTE ONTO YOUR OWN POST WITH YOUR OWN NAME AND FILL IN THE BLANKS AND SUBMIT FOR COMPARISON OF THOUGHT EVALUATION. THANK YOU.

If you are or have been an OC Coordinator, tell us in your first paragraph.

NO

If you are or have been any football coach, HC, Coordinator, or any Asst. coach in High School, College, NFL or playground tell us about your experience in your first paragraph so we will no where your opinion is coming from. If you have had no actual experience but consider yourself a recreational fan, tell us that too. The comparisons will help.

HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER. NOT BIG ENOUGH FOR COLLEGE. NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR COLLEGE. NOT FOOTBALL SMART ENOUGH FOR COLLEGE, AND I LEARNED THAT WITHOUT BEING TOLD THE FIRST DAY I ARRIVED AT THE Y. A BIT ABOVE AVERAGE IN HS.

Let’s hypothetically choose and rationalize our choice for each candidate between
Magnum, Hodge, Critchlow and Wilson. Jacob Conover will not be evaluated for this group as he will be going on his mission and we will not see him on the field during the next two years.

What do you like about each candidate.
Why would you like him to be the starter and why?

1. MANGUM:.
    MOST EXPERIENCE 26 GAMES. 436 FOR 736 FOR 5,158 YARDS, 34 TD’S, 20 INTS, 3 RUSHING TD’S.

2 HAIL MARY GAME WINNING PASSES (NEBRASKA AND BOISE ST. A GREAT YOUNG MAN. A SENIOR. CAME INTO PROGRAM WITH LOTS OF HYPE AND PROMISE. HE IS A POTENT PASSER AND IS USUALLY VERY ACCURATE. HE SHOWS LEADERSHIP ABILITY.

1. HODGE:
    JUNIOR, 6 GAMES EXPERIENCE. 29 OF 56, 395 YARDS, 3 TD’S 4 INTS, 75 YDS RUSHING,
    2 TD’S

HE IS A DUAL THREAT QB WITH ABILITY TO RUN WITH THE BALL. HE HAS A GOOD THROWING ARM. HE KNOWS THE STRENGTHS OF THE OTHER PLAYERS ON THE FIELD.

3.CRITCHLOW:
SOPHMORE; 6 GAMES; 55 OF 101, 642 YARDS, 3 TD’S 4 INT.
IN THREE GAMES FOR BYU HE SHOWED SOME GREAT PASSES AND SHOWED HE CAN BE AN ACCURATEE PASSER. HE HAS SOLID MECHANICS.

4 WILSON:
FRESHMAN WITH 0 COLLEGE EXPERIENCE.
IN SPRING CAMP, HE SHOWED THAT HE HAS A COMBINATION OF ATHLETICISM AND ACCURACY. HE WAS ABLE TO MAKEW GOOD DECISIONS. HE HITS HIS RECEIVERS WHEN THEY ARE OPEN. HE ALSO MADE SOME NICE RUNS.

What weaknesses to you see in each candidate that should keep him from being the starter?

1. MANGUM
    HE STILL HAS NOT HAD HIS FULL CLEARANCE TO RETURN FOR HIS ACHILLES INJURY.
    WITH THIS PROBLEM, HE APPEARED TO HAVE STRUGGLED WITH HIS MECHANICS DURING THE LIMITED OPPORTUNITIES IN SPRING. WHILE MANGUM DID GREAT AS A FRESHMAN, HE DID NOT DO WELL AT ALL IN THE 2017 SEASON.

2. HODGE;
    HE HAS Had injuries that are not completely healed yet. Fall practice will tell.
    While he looked good vs. Utah St., he did not look good in his losses to Wisconsin and to
    FRESNO STATE.

3. CRITCHLOW:
    HE NEEDS TO IMPROVE HIS CONSISTENCY AND DECISION-MAKING. HE HAS NOT YET SEPERRATED HIMSELF FROM THE OTHER QUARTERBACKS. (PERSONAL OPINION AND I DO EXPECT SOME, MORE FOOTBALL EDUCATED FANS TO DISAGREE).

4. WILSON;
    HOS EXPERIENCE IS VS. OTHER HIGH SCHOOL TEAMS. HE DID WELL VS HS TEAMS BUT WE DO NOT KNOW HOW HE WILL DO VS DIVISION 1 COLLEGE TEAMS.

Based on your own evaluation, whom should be the starter? HODGE
Who should be the back up? MANGUM
Who should be on the Scout team? WILSON
What should we do with the fourth QB and who is he and why ? (I KNOW THAT SOME OF YOU WILL SCREAM AT ME. I AM ONLY ONE VOTE) CRITCHLOW -… WIOTHJ ANOTHER YEAR UNDER HIS BELT, AND WITH HIS ABILITY TO MAKE SOME GREAT PASSES, AND BE A QB WITH SOLID MECHANICS, I DESERVED TO BE YELLED AT SUGGESTING THAT HE PLAY A DIFFERENT POSITION, BUT I SEE THE ONLY OTHER ALTERNATIVE FOR HIS AT THIS TIME, IS TO BE A BACK UP FOR THE SCOUT TEAM. HEY, THIS IS NOW. FALL PRACTICE MAY CHANGE MY MIND. I AM OPEN TO CHANGE IF I SEE THE CHANGE IS THE BEST FOR BYU FOOTBALL.

What was the single largest reason for each of the four QB’s to get the a position that you assigned to them. INJURIES.

When 4 star Conover comes home from his mission, should he be rewarded for choosing BYU over Alabama and his home town team, ASU, by letting him know that sitting on the bench will not be longer than one season, or should we leave that decision open until after the Spring Practice and the Fall Practice of his return?

WHEN CONOVER COMES HOME FROM HIS MISSION, HE WILL WANT TO COMPETE THROUGH THE SPRING AND FALL PRACTICES, AND BEING THE 4 STAR PLAYER THAT HE IS, HE SHOULD BEAT THE COMPETITION AND HE WILL HAVE EARNED HIS WAY, WHILE RECEIVING THE DUE RESPECT AND DUE APPRECIATION FOR HIM CHOOSING BYU OVER
P5 ALABAMA AND HIS HOME TOWN PAC 12 P5 TEAM, ARIZONA STATE. THAT SHOULD BE AN EXCITING TIME FOR ALL FANS.

Is the reason for your decision, in tune more to wanting the opportunity open to all athleletes, based on the performance on the field durning the seasons Spring and Fall Practice?

THE BEST PLAYER SHOULD ALWAYS BE THE ONE TO PLAY. THERE SHOULD NEVER BE POLITICS IN ANY ROSTER. HOWEVER, APPRECIATION AND RESPECT SHOULD BE SHOWN WHERE APPRECIATION AND RESPECT IS WARRANTED, AND WITHOUT IT, WHY SHOULD THEY COME TO THE Y, WHEN THEY COULD GET IT FROM ANY P5 CONFERENCE PROGRAM?

or is it because you want to send a message that all 4-5 star players considering BYU will have special consideration?

THE MESSAGE SHOULD BE THAT IF YOUR ARE A 4-5 STAR ATHLETE AND CHOOSE TO COME TO THE Y, YOU WILL BE GIVEN EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO EARN IN SPRING AND FALL PRACTICE THE CHANCE TO COMPETE FOR THE STARTING POSITION. WITH ALL THE APPRECIATION AND ALL THE RESPECT ONE COULD MUSTER, IT MAY BE SUGGESTED THAT THEY RED SHIRT THE FIRST YEAR TO LEARN THE SYSTEM REMINDING THEM THAT UNDER THE NEW RULES, THEY MIGHT STILL BE ABLE TO PLAY 4 GAMES WITHOUT LOSING THEIR RED SHIRT STATUS.

or other?_________________________

Explain other:_____________________________________________________________________

Finally, if we can get 100 or more samplings from this site, would it help the coaching staff to see the opinion of the 100 or more samplings? Why would or would not it help?

IT MAY OR MAY NOT SUPPORT THEIR OWN OPINIONS, WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO THEM. IF I WERE COACH, THE FINAL DECISION WOULD BE MINE, BUT I WOULD WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE FAN BASE FELT.

Simple. Anyone but Mangum. He’s a basket case, and damaged goods.

Thanks for your reply Rubicon.

I can agree that 2017 was a very poor showing from Magnum, with or without his injuries.
I can also agree that it was greatly puzzling why he would talk about his bouts with depression.

Having said that, He was, at one time, a great QB, and that is especially true in his freshman year.

Perhaps losing his starting job to (back up) position, brought on his depression. (I don’t know). He is a god guy. He was a good QB his freshman year.
I think that it would be a mistake, with all of his experience, to not have him to be at least the back up, if not the starter. I totally understand, after his 2017 season, the fact that you do not want him to be your starter.

Please cut and past the questioner and fill in all the blanks. I would greatly appreciate it.

Ron

Go watch media day for BYU this past week…Especially the comments of Roderick and Sitake.

In it, it will tell you “HOW” they are going to select the QB, it is going to be by “Competition” for the positions, it does not matter what year you are in college, it matters what you do on the field. It will also be that the other team mates will know that the QB “EARNED” his starting position (per Coach Roderick).

All this was discussed in media day events last week.

Floyd,

I did watch the entire media day. I loved it. I am happy with everything that came out of it.
Am I looking for a 10-2 season? No. How about a 9-3 or 8-4 season. No.

I would be thrilled with a 7-5 season, but I am okay with a 6-6 season while we are learning how to play a season that is approaching being, (not quite, but approaching), a P5 schedule.

I am one that believes that we must go through the growing pains of learning how to be a P5 team.
I believe that we are not going to learn how to be a P5 team by playing FCS teams or seller dwellers of the G5 teams. Instead, we are going to learn how to be a P5 team by scheduling consistently, a P5 schedule.

By scheduling a P5 schedule, consistently, until we learn how to play that much more difficult opponent, we will be losing a lot more games that we ever lost playing the weaker schedules. That is okay with me.
We are not quitters. We are not the people that look for the easy way out. We know what we want and we are willing to sacrifice for a time to get what we want. We want a team that is respected once again.

Go Cougars.

I think it is going to take more than one season to right the ship… I will give Grimes at least two years before judgement.

Floyd,

I am reading many disturbing things from postings replying to articles from the Deseret News.
We have all read by now, the word from the CUP stating the BYU Athletes were headed in
the wrong direction and in decline. One poster suggest giving up sports at the Y. Many
others show no confidence in sports at BYU. Yes, some are from the Utes, but others are not.

Why can’t we do a few simple things:

1. Apologize, not for what we believe, but for interfering with what others believe. ( LGBT)

2. PAY A COMPETATIVE WAGE, compared TO WHAT THE COACHES MAKE, THAT COACH
    THE TEAMS THAT WE PLAY IN THE P5 CONFERENCES, SO THAT WE CAN COMPETE
    VS THOSE OTHER TEAMS SUCCESSFULLY.

Too often, too many fans has stated that it doesn’t
    matter how much a coach makes, and that more money
    more will not necessarily bring more experience to
    the program. Those fans have now been proven wrong.
    Their opinions have been wishful thinking lacking reality.

WE REMAIN THE RICHEST CHURCH PER CAPITA IN THE WORLD. WE INVEST IN
    PHARMA, COKE COLA COMPANY, DEPARTMENT STORES, TV NETWORKS, RADIO
    STATIONS, NEWS PAPERS AND MUCH, MUCH, MUCH MORE.

WHY CAN’T WE INVEST IN OUR ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT TO THE DEGREE THAT WE
    CAN COMPETE AND BE SUCCESSFUL vs the teams that we want to be like? (P5)

ARE WE GOING TO BE THE 2017 - 2024 FAN BASE THAT GIVES UP AND QUITS?
ARE WE GOING TO BE THE 2017-2024 Athletic Director and coaches that gives up
and quits? Are we going to be the athletes that gives up and quits? Are we going to be the
holders of the Purse Strings in charge of Investments, that says, "BYU Sports are not
worth it? I hope not!!!

Please excuse my screaming in Capital letters, but I am screaming because I want
someone with
power to help, to save our programs.

Quitting is not who we are? Giving up is not who we are. Saying I’m sorry is not a
sign of weakness, but a sigh of righteous strength. We need to be big enough to say
I am sorry, not for what we believe, but for interfering with what others believe.
Open up the purse strings and give our program a chance to survive. We are worth it !

Ron: I am reading many disturbing things from postings replying to articles from the Deseret News.
Dave: I get tired of those u trolls and few others posting that were nothing about them or their school. I pretty much gave up readking those posters. Too many garbage talk on their end.

Ron: …the CUP standing…wrong direction…
Dave: U did no better than we did for how long? 35 years?

Ron: giving up sports at the Y.
Dave: I am confident we will do just fine in all sports at BYU.

Ron: Why can’t we do a few simple things:
1.Apologize, (LGBT)
Dave: Why Apologize? We LDS are who we are and BYU is how it is organize and the Y will stay that way.
2.PAY A COMPETATIVE WAGE, compared TO WHAT THE COACHES MAKE, THAT COACH
THE TEAMS THAT WE PLAY IN THE P5 CONFERENCES, SO THAT WE CAN COMPETE
VS THOSE OTHER TEAMS SUCCESSFULLY.
Dave: WAGE??? Coaches like Saben is making WAY TOO MUCH MONEY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Same with Myers, Kyle Whitingham (barely), and most P5 coaches. Players should not be paid either!!! If I missed what you are saying, sorry I may be confused. Coaches who come to BYU should be getting paid less. Yeah, I know Jeff Grimes didn’t accept the first offer to be OC Coach but next few days BYU may have offer him more. WHY??? I am glad Grimes is here but we would be better to take anyone who MIGHT SOLVE BYU Football problem. SORRY, I JUST DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY SPORTS ARE SO IMPORTANT ANYMORE BECAUSE P5 GOTTEN SO FILTHY BIG DEAL IN FOOTBALL LIFE AND AS WELL BASKETBALL! Am I loud ENOUGH in CAPS?

Ron: Too often, too many fans has stated that it doesn’t
matter how much a coach makes, and that more money
more will not necessarily bring more experience to
the program. Those fans have now been proven wrong.
Their opinions have been wishful thinking lacking reality.
Dave: You read my post about WAGES. Sorry if that what you might think of me. Pro players are getting too much $$$$ and when they are done with pro sports most of them go broke. I lost interest in pro sports!

Ron: WE REMAIN THE RICHEST CHURCH PER CAPITA IN THE WORLD. WE INVEST IN
PHARMA, COKE COLA COMPANY, DEPARTMENT STORES, TV NETWORKS, RADIO
STATIONS, NEWS PAPERS AND MUCH, MUCH, MUCH MORE.
Dave: This is not about sports. Yes we pay 10% Tith most of our lives and the money goes toward LDS Church and to BYU Education but not sports.

Ron: WHY CAN’T WE INVEST IN OUR ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT TO THE DEGREE THAT WE
CAN COMPETE AND BE SUCCESSFUL vs the teams that we want to be like? (P5)
Dave: well I guess that answer that from above.

Ron: ARE WE GOING TO BE THE 2017 - 2024 FAN BASE THAT GIVES UP AND QUITS?
Dave: I’m no quitter. But I have stop watching other college sports when BYU not playing them.

Ron: ARE WE GOING TO BE THE 2017-2024 Athletic Director and coaches that gives up…I hope not!!!
Dave: not me but there will be some fans and PLAYERS may quit.

Ron: Please excuse my screaming in Capital letters, but I am screaming because I want
someone with
power to help, to save our programs.
Dave: Your CAPS are LOUDER than me I believe. Yeah, I have power too just like Prez Donald Trump.

Ron: Quitting is not who we are? …
Dave: 53 more days to go against P5 Arizona. Go BYU Cougars and I am always proud to be BYU Cougars!

DAVE, (DEW),

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY.

Dave: You read my post about WAGES. Sorry if that what you might think of me. Pro players are getting too much $$$$ and when they are done with pro sports most of them go broke. I lost interest in pro sports!

Ron: I totally agree with what you say about pro sport wages.
We are not talking about pro sports wages paid to pro athletes.
We are talking about College football and the wages we pay to coaches,
who in return, recruit the 4-5 star players to play against us, who pay
less than a competitive G5 coach wage to our coaches that attract
3 star or less,athletes, mostly, to play against those P5 teams.

Dave: This is not about sports. Yes we pay 10% Tith most of our lives and the money goes toward LDS Church and to BYU Education but not sports.

Ron: The last I heard, Sports is part of the Athletic Department at BYU which prepares young men for the profession that they are best suited to. Many are called, but few are chosen. Perhaps we could do better in this department. Secondly, what I was asking is that the same funds that purchases stock in the Coke Cola company make a greater investment in the Athletic Department of our University. I would rather invest in BYU than the Coca Cola Company.

Dave: I’m no quitter. But I have stop watching other college sports when BYU not playing them.

Ron: Your comment above sounds a bit skitsophrenic to me. You say you are not a quitter, but you quit watching college sports. (Paraphrase).

Dave: Your CAPS are LOUDER than me I believe. Yeah, I have power too just like Prez Donald Trump.

Ron: Yes Dave, I do see, as you suggest, the similarity between how you post and what Prez Donald Trump tweets. I agree.

BYU at Tucson for the BYU @ Arizona game starts in just 55 days.
Fall Practice begins in just 23 days.
Let’s all of us pray for the best, hope for the best, and be diligent in doing all we can do to support our team to encourage them to do their best.

6-6 is better than last season and perhaps this is all we should expect.
7-5 is better than we can expect, but close enough to be possible.
8-0 is unrealistic for our team with the schedule we haver for 2018 season.
This is my opinion. What is yours?

We should never apologizes to anyone for our stance on marriage and what our beliefs are.

Having said that, the church has done much to mitigate what they did in California, you will notice that they stopped doing what they did in California, when other states were going through the Marriage in their states.

Second, the Church worked with the LBGT community and the State Legislature and developed the model for gays to have the same protects as any other married couple, while protecting religious freedoms. The activist in the LBGT outside of Utah was not happy, but those within the state appreciated the church support in that area.

The church has spent millions of dollars supporting the gays in the church and they have several websites that is devoted to them.

Over the pulpit, the Apostles has said that we need to be more inclusive, with all people whether gay or not.

So I am not sure what more you think the church can do… Activist LGBT people will never ever accept anything the church does, until they openly admit gays in the church as a couple…which will never happen.

The church has NEVER paid for sports at BYU, nor will they. It is up to the AD to gather in donations, as well as gate receipts to support the sports programs at BYU.

If there comes a day that the sports people ask for money, then that day will end sports at BYU. Sports is not the point of the school being funded by the church, education is…

The only thing stopping the coaches from being paid more is the AD and funding available from the above mentioned revenue sources.

As to coaches wanting to come here, first of all you have to find a coach with the type of experience you want to want to come to a school that has no conference that they belong too. I think this is the miscalculation of the former AD when they went independent.

Second, they have to be a card carrying member, which I not sure why, but the brethren has mandated it. That limits the pool of coaches. We had a “P5” LDS coach (Navy coach) interview for the position and decided not to come… Just saying.

That is in the past Ronald…

The church divested itself from Departments stores (sold ZCMI to Macy’s), financial institutions (Zions and Beneficial)
as well as many of their other organizations that they once owned.

they never had stock in Coke, some Apostles did, but never the church, TV and Radio stations are owned by Bonneville (Church owned) and is used for spreading the gospel, not church sporting events. The Deseret News is still owned by the church.

But you have to understand, that the funds used by their corporations can not be used for Church purposes without the church (As a religion) losing their non-profit standing.

Every team has a down turn in the sports, Duke, Alabama, FSU, Penn St. have all had several years of mediocre seasons.

One thing that the past 10-15 years has shown me is that the AD has to be very careful who they pick, and they Board of
Trustees needs to stop mandating the coach be a bishop (Mendenhall). The reason we got into this mess is because we were looking for the next Lavell Edwards, instead letting the coach create the new BYU football program, much like Lavell Did.

I think Kalani is a good choice, he has had some very good HC he has worked for, that has taught him some things to right a ship. Kalani was not allowed to select his coaches at first, we saw what happened with that. The AD made a hugh mistake picking the assistant coaches… Now that Kalani has his pick (Grimes) I think you will see a vast better team, for no other reason that between all the new and existing coaches on the offensive side of the ball, they have close to a 100 years of experience on the D1 level, four of them has been OC before. Grimes has said that no position is safe and must be won in battle, that is why I am excited.

I assume 2018 BYU Football prediction. I said it earlier few days ago. We will improve and be .500 or better and a bowl game.

Floyd,

1978 happened. Never say never.

I don’t want to debate right or wrong in life styles. We have our beliefs and they have theirs. (LGBT)
We know that we are correct and they are wrong, THEY DON’T AGREE WITH OUR ASSESSMENT.

If you read carefully, again, I said, “Apologize, NOT FOR WHAT WE BELIEVE, but for interfering with what others
believe”. ( LGBT)

Best we judge not, lest we be judged. Has it happened, we judged them (LGBT) in California and they are judging us now.

I am not taking sides, I am looking at the picture, possibly as the world sees the action, or at least as the majority of the LGBT community sees the actions.

As you stated, we have spent much time and money trying to correct things in the state of Utah, but as you know, we have done very little, if anything at all, to try to apologize to the citizens of California where the damage was done, and in other states in our country.

To be clear, I am not on the band wagon in support for the LGBT community, and shame on me for not being so.

I am on the band wagon to support our BYU Cougars in getting into a P5 conference; Any P5 conference; but particularly the Pac 12 where most of the damage was done, and secondly, the Big 12 and third, all other P5 conferences.

While admittedly, my fight is not for the LGBT community, I can understand, and I can feel, their outrage, For every action, there is a separate, but equal reaction. They are reacting to something we did against them. Do onto others, as we would have them do onto us. We did something to hurt them, and they are reacted to what we did.

We are not innocent in this matter. We made a mistake. As you said, we acknowledge that we made a mistake by not going into any other state with the same issue on the ballot. We were not infallible. It does not show weakness to apologize. It shows strength IF DONE CORRECTLY.

It is not a disgraces to apologize for what we did which was wrong in crossing state lines to deny others what they want and believe in just because it is not what we want and believe in.

They were in no way, trying to deprive the straights from enjoying their straight marriages, But as THEY see it, we tried to stop them from having the right to their LGBT marriages.

FLOYD,

You did clear us some things for me and I thank you;

1,)The church divested itself from Departments stores (sold ZCMI to Macy’s), financial institutions (Zions and Beneficial)

2.) They never had stock in Coke, some Apostles did, but never the church,
Question: Was that ownership in 1955 or was it in 2016? Or was it both times?
------------Can you tell us who those apostles were that bought stock in the company?

3.) TV and Radio stations are owned by Bonneville (Church owned) and is used for spreading the gospel, not church sporting events.
Questions: Don’t we show some of our football games on BYUtv?
-------------Don’t we have pre game activities before each game on BYUtv?
-------------Don’t we show movies and other programs on BYUtv
-------------Why is BYU Football any less important in spreading the Gospel than the movies and other programs ----------------that we show?

4 The funds used by their corporations can not be used for Church purposes without the church (As a religion) losing their non-profit standing.

Statement: Now Floyd, this makes more sense to me than any other explanation given so far to date. This makes the predicament more understandable. So it’s really not a religious thing, which never made sence to me, and it is really not a tithing thing, it is a self protection thing and I do understand that. Thank you.

The problem with this issue Ronald, is that most of it is based on Lore not actual facts:
64% of its shares held by over 1,400 different institutional and mutual fund owners, and the rest held by various and sundry individual investors, some of whom may indeed be Mormon. A mere 1% holding of The Coca-Cola Company’s stock would be worth over $3 billion.

I believe there were several GA’s had stock as part of their financial portfolio. President Kimball, Monson, and Ballard all had that in their portfolio.

Coca-Cola’s largest shareholding entity is Berkshire Hathaway, a company run by Omaha, Nebraska, stock-picking guru Warren Buffett. Berkshire Hathaway holds 400 million shares, or about 9% of the company, a stake valued at $31 billion. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints does not appear on the list of Coca-Cola’s top institutional stockholders.

On a side note, Coke was developed in Southern Georgia just north of where my mom grew up (She is now 92). I have actually sat at the counter that Coke was first sold in the small southern Georgia town.

Floyd,

You seem to be very knowledgable on certain subjects and I do appreciate your sharing your information with us.

I am assuming that all of the things that you state are factual and not hypothetical or merely opinion.
I am learning much from your postings, Thank you.

Ron

KBYU is owned and operated by BYU and has nothing to do with Bonneville international which owns KSL and KSL Radio among other broadcasting companies.

KBYU was created for a couple of reasons,

1. Public Broadcasting restricts the amount of Religious programming that a shown under their umbrella.
  2. The BOT wanted to have a state of the art studio for helping the students get into broadcasting
  3. Because of Number 1, the church can promote their own brand of Religious shows.

There are probably other reasons as well, but these are three that I heard.

FYI, BYU sports broadcasting has such a great reputation, that ESPN and other sports networks will use their equipment and personnel (those in the Truck and cameramen). It saves them money, and they get just as good quality of product.