How bad is BYU football?

With that said, if you can’t throw on 3rd and long because you don’t want your QB to get hurt, take him out! Sit him! Play the guy who you blew his redshirt! Frustrating!
Also, Tolatau was suppose to get more runs. He got less. Yes, he fumbled. So what!

Yes, but that isn’t why we lost. We made the same bad calls with 3rd downs. Defense had little effort. #5 had 2 picks and should have had a touchdown. Why did he run back to the middle???

Didn’t watch the game and not the least bit disappointed I missed it.

I see you are making excuses for why BYU lost yet again.

Always the apologist and excuse maker… too funny.

I was at the Game today vs Miss State, and I can tell you that I’ve never seen a team that appeared to be so detached and disinterested in what they were doing. On 3rd downs the Miss State sidelines were loud and motivating, our side just stood there in silence…on almost every play sans the first drive. Sitake and the coaching staff has lost this team IMO.

What excuses? You didn’t watch. I gave a couple of reasons.

When you run the ball on 3rd downs because you don’t want Tanner to get an owie then I would do the same on the sideline. In my opinion, chrislow should start every game from this point.

That’s what happens when you are on the outside looking in. Those refs in the Miss. St. game were from the Big 12 , errh ah the Little 10.

Bevell is a good guy. I knew him when he played QB at Wisconsin. He and his wife were in our Ward in Madison, Wis. But I believe that he makes more money in the NFL as an assistant than BYU could ever afford.

the big 12 has the NCAA officials in the country. A good portion of the NFL officials came through the Big12.

I think people like to blame officials rather blame inept offensive coaching.by Ty.

Those pass interference calls were really bad…

according to you… not according to the rules…

All 3 bad calls were players both grabbing and pushing. No advantage and even the announcers agree. Had nothing to do with the rule.

Those calls did not effect the out come of the game for sure. I was impressed by the hospitality from the Miss. State team and the Miss. State fans. I thought the voice of the Bulldogs was very professional and gracious on BYU CN before the ga,me. The SEC announcers were fair and balanced. Some of the best analysis that I have seen this season. I did not imply that the Big 12 officials were biased.

dew,

" Funny how several people think that we should recruit 4/5 stars players."

" BYU doesn’t have any Discipline in themselves
and standing around. "

" Yes we are BAD not BYU. I am disappointed and I don’t want to talk about our next two games. All I can say good luck
during the rest of the season."

" LSU can be beat like what Troy did but we were bad."

Thanks for your information dew. Now, in your own words, tell us what you think we need to do instead of recruiting more
4-5 star players?

What can we do, to instill more discipline in our players and keep them from just standing around?

Is it because we are bad, and not the BYU team this season, that is bad, that you don’t want to talk about the next two games?

Will having good luck solve our problems on both sides of the ball this memorable 2017 football season?

I really don’t understand the last quote. Please explain.

"

Ron, I don’t know how to answer all your questions. All I can say BYU will never be in the same level to most of those Top P5 Football Schools "Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, etc. & basketball too. LDS players who are 4/5 stars are more likely going to those places if they want to get in the NFL. Yes we can get once awhile one of those 4/5 Stars Players and that is it. But, this Honor Code and Missionary are stumbling block when they are seeking getting to NFL. Both NFL/NBA like younger players (more so NBA). I know Hopper, Bill Walton did played 4 years with ucla but today is different. I support HC & Missionary program but I think this HC need to be fix. One little oops in this BYU HC they are doomed like what happened to Francis Bernard. Francis I believe is NFL material but he has to wait or forgo his senior year to NFL. I think Francis should of played lets say after Utah game like they allow Hadfield to resume playing. As for Missionary is another story what other people are saying on this board.
What I don’t understand why not Tom Holmoe has not schedule us to play with like lower P5 schools (ie Vandy, Rutgers, etc)? Why not Scheduling each year with a group like, LSU, Oregon St., Kentucky, Utah and the rest G5 and stay away from Idaho St?
I am feeling a sigh of relief those first 7 games are OVER and I hope we win the rest starting East Carolina but still it won’t be easy and forget about bowl talk this year. Our players will need to lift up their toughness to win the rest of them. Hawaii won’t be easy. I still do believe we should be in the P5 LEAGUE!
I am ready for our new basketball season and no more LP talk.
Hows that Ron? Dave

1 Like

Losing Bernard was a blow to the cougar defense. He would have made Warner that much better. I believe it affected the team mentally as well. I don’t like the way it was handled, but that’s BYU. THE Offense need a a leader. Maybe it’s Mangum, but I have reservations. The game against E Carolina should answer that question. Lose and a change needs to be made, if nothing else than to solve questions for next year. Frankly, I don’t believe BYU is talented enough to run the pro style offense. The offensive line is simply not talented enough to give Mangum the time he needs, because when he gets pressured he makes bad decisions. I have felt Hoge was the better option until he got hurt, simply because he gives the receivers more time to open up and is a viable threat to run. If however Mangum leads the cougar to win, then bar getting hurt, he will qb the rest of the year. This team is saying all the right things, but on the field it’s a different story. GO VIRGINIA

What’s a Virginia? Is that a vampire or something???

Right on, I liked your post. To me I also want the frosh RM to get more time as QB. Hoge is good, but needs whatever time necessary to heal. I really am with you on the pro style offense and BYU.

Like you don’t know that it is the Virginia Cavaliers.

That’s right! That’s where holier than thou coaches go so they can swear and feel good about it :wink: