Football 18 schedule, your thoughts?

So to sum up everyone’s frustrations…Grimey has never been an OC. Detmer was screwed. And we are dressing up the same pig.

My perception only…Grimey brought in 3 OCs to be his coaches…3, all with D1 experience. Detmer had one, the SUU coach and he was a head coach.

Grimey is a linemen expert. Don’t start with the QB argument just yet. BYU needs linemen to go against P5 teams. I saw how we executed against elite teams with porous lines. LSU, we never crossed the 50 yard line the entire game.

Grimey already stated he was targeting mobile QBs, option guys. he knows a that every team in America has good defenses to guard against the pass (something that Lavell rarely faced in his day.) so a good mobile QB keeps blitzing defenses honest. Burn them a few times and they will not vacate their areas or take high risk no matter how big and fast they are.

A lot more I could cover but lets just say, there is no pig here, no paint, just a whole different direction for the offense. If you can’t see it, come back after the 2018 season and we will talk.

I agree. In theory a passing offense is a beautiful thing with an excelent pocket QB with a good RB to take advantage of the holes. But you need so many things to go right.

It’s an economics question: what do you know for a fact that you can get consistently? Now build a system around that. Pro style QB’s are hard to find. Good ones are very rare. High schools are full of option QBs.

I’m with you, I could expound on this forever but I’ll sum it up like this:

1. We’re an underdog with limitations
  2. We need to embrace it and adapt to it to win.
  3. The most important question to ask is what we can consistently get and what system fits that so we don’t have to change every year?

Clauswitz,

I hear you and I agree.

I ( over use) this quote and I know it, but it serves a person.

Recently said, by a GA, “GA’S are not GA’S in all things”. “When One need advice from an expert, one should ask that expert for advice”: (Paraphrase).

It is my opinion THAT When it comes to the (high profit vs high debt) at BYU Sports, BYU should seek expert advice and follow it.

It is good to know that Holmoe, Sitake and good ol Gammie and other coaches are not experts. Also, since the GA are not experts on everything think I will go to my local shaman and get advice on some modern moral stuff. Hell, in fact, I can use that little bitty phrase to justify any behavior I desire.

In terms of football, why don’t we spare no expense and find the greatest football expert in the solar system and pay them 100 million dollars for 6 months of their expert work and then we will be sitting on top of the world with money, wins, world wide respect and no less than 10 national championships. Over used??? Really???

Good to hear from you again Roy. You always have so much rational, pleasant, comfortable advice that offers so much for the advancement of BYU Football. Thank you for all of your intelligent insight. It’s good to know that you always put your best foot foreward.

LOL-good one Uharriet!!! Before everyone jumps on the bandwagen or jumps off a 500 foot cliff, wait and see how spring ball goes in another month. If they truly open up the QB competition and don’t try to keep from hurting Tanners feelings and don’t play BYU good old boy and use the best players-recruit transfers and teach their OL and defense to play like they really had a bad night-maybe we can get back to BYU football. Then if things don’t go real well apologize to Detmer and replace Sitake with Detmer and get rid of the DC with Mendenhall who will be fired by Virginia by then and get back to those 8 and 9 win seasons that everyone thought were so horrible. Start playing with a chip on their shoulders and not worry about doing on the field missionary work and then maybe the fans will come back and fill Edwards stadium and BYU administrators will have a glow about them because the dollars are rolling in and they can comfortably fund women’s ice hockey and all will be well in Happier Valley​:wink::grin::smile:

Ron, thank you for your honest, kind and Christ like feedback. You are such a sweet human being. I count 6 razor sharp arrows you sent my way and each one struck my chest and pierced my heart. Thank you Ron, thank you, from the bottom of my heart (I only have the bottom of my heart cause your arrows destroyed the rest of it). Coming from you Ron, they are such blessings because they came from such a succinct and great writer. I clap for you even as I sink downward and fall into my own pool of blood.

Awwww Sundance, GOOD ONE!!!

Roy,

Thank you for your sincerity. Always remember that most important number 911 when you feel pain. I hope you feel much better soon. It sounds like you have been having a hard time. I do hope that things get better for you soon. Ron.