Enough is enough!

Oh, and by the way the nonsense SG was spouting yesterday about how the guy severed his own spine, has been debunked, both by reporters and by the guy who rode in the van that (the police leak claimed) had supposedly heard Gray trying to hurt himself. He was interviewed last night and completely denied the whole thing. Big surprise. The thing is though, this kind of belief is nothing more than thinly veiled racism, because no one would believe a white guy would sever his spine intentionally, yet my facebook feed was alive yesterday with stupid white people claiming this article vindicated the police! Ignorance? You bet its ignorance.

1 Like

So what is the point “MikeH”?

What is it that we are supposed to understand or learn from all of this?

If you are able to discern the why’s and the how’s, among other things, I think you might reach the conclusion that the media and certain factions of society are trying to stir people up to anger, incite riots and social unrest and basically cause way more trouble than some isolated incidents involving police officers do.

Do these things only happen to people with colored skin? Of course not. Are there some bad cops out there? Of course there are, the sheer number of law enforcement people make it so. However, they probably represent less than .5% of the total. But this propaganda will reap horrible consequences for the population in general and that is what a few bad eggs in the media and those with a social agenda want. They don’t want equality and peace, they want favors, special treatment and evil to be perpetrated on others.

These actions are wrong, firstly on the part of police who commit the crimes and secondly on those who try the actions in the news…

“Right! More than 76 black people have been shot under very suspicious circumstances since 1996.”

So what is that, about 3 or 4 a year?

How many innocent people are shot and killed by drug dealers, criminals and others, regardless of their race? because they happened to be in the way, behind the counter of a 7-11 or some other suspicious circumstance? What would or should we do if law enforcement people weren’t there to protect and serve? Thankfully the huge majority of those who work in law enforcement are THERE!

While SG has strong, sometimes baseless opinions about these types of incidents, you seem to be just as bad in the other direction. The answer is being somewhere in the middle… so I would suggest looking there for it.

Yeah, it’s a problem, but not nearly as big as you want to make it seem.

agree here rblack, you are right.

It does while he’s shooting the taser. But, the problem here is that he’s running away. It also doesn’t look like the cop is emotionally wrenched either. He calmly shoots him. Something is wrong with this guy. He should have taken off on foot after him, tackled him, choked him and killed him that way :wink: (Just kidding)

Anger is justified? Lynching the police without a shred of evidence is justice? Is that what you mean by 21st Century religion? This was mainly black on black crime if there is a crime. Why do you bring color into everything that goes down with police doing their job?

I had a good laugh at your explanation on why to discard God in your life. Like somehow, sin has changed. Or, just because we can fly in the air and blow up cities with nuclear bombs we somehow are superior to God. What’s apparent is that mankind has not learned from the Tower of Babel to the present that there is only one way to God. And, that is through Jesus Christ, his Atonement for our sins and the resurrection that will bind our bodies and spirits together in eternity with potential eternal life. As long as this is true, the words Jesus gave through his disciples, Apostles and Prophets are just as valid today as they were when they were written down. And, today, we continue to receive verbal direction from our Lord to our Prophets and Apostles. And, sometimes through the Holy Ghost, to our disciples.

The more you continue to write, the more you emulate Korrihor. The more your real intentions come out. I, for one, refuse to call evil good and good evil. And, I will call you on it every time :slight_smile:

Jim, if you would have read closer you would have noticed that that article came out in 2008, so that would be more than 5 people a year in official channels. Also those are only the ones shot under “suspicious circumstances” Which were investigated and no charges were brought. The vast majority of the time no one even knows if the circumstances are suspicious because there is no video or evidence and the police are always given the benefit of the doubt. Even when police are caught breaking the law, the way they usually handle it is to pay out money in secret settlements in which the recipient is not allowed to discuss the case. In Baltimore alone they’ve paid out in more than 100 cases in less than 4 years, and millions of dollars have been paid out. I can’t believe anyone thinks this is OK! Unarmed black men and boys are shot almost every day and its picked up even more recently.

I’m also a bit surprised that you think its fine that 3 or 4 unarmed black people a year are shot by police every year. Even though that’s a drop in the bucket of how many really are killed, would we put up with 3 or 4 white people being killed every year by cops under suspicious circumstances without being charged? Of course not! There would be hell to pay!

How on earth could you possibly know that only 0.5% of police are bad? Where did that number come from? Did you not notice that in every recent case every single officer covered up for the guilty ones? That’s because there is a tacit agreement among cops to never rat on another cop. There are hundreds of cases of cops that have done that and ended up dead. Generally they will not provide backup for a cop that has ratted on another cop. If this isn’t being “bad”, I don’t know what is.

As for the idea that someone is just trying to stir things up for some reason - this is utter nonsense! Blacks have been screaming about the way they are treated by police for decades and white people just refuse to listen. Even when a white cop is caught on camera killing someone they generally get off, because they insist on a jury trial and there is always someone who can’t imagine that a cop would ever hurt a black guy that didn’t deserve it and will therefore let them off scott free.

To equate police brutality with reporting these incidents is a bit out there don’t you think? Why in the world would anyone want to ‘stir things up?’ In fact those of us that depend on facts and evidence know that the exact opposite is true! These crimes by police are ignored and sanctioned by the mainstream press the vast majority of the time. Why is it so hard for people to feel empathy for others?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/11/28/what-white-people-need-to-know-and-do-after-ferguson/

And here’s what a former cop had to say about racism by the police:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/12/06/i-was-a-st-louis-cop-my-peers-were-racist-and-violent-and-theres-only-one-fix/

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed reply to my post. I am glad you are so well informed and know all of the facts and evidence regarding everything you are saying. Reading your post makes it easy to tell you aren’t assuming anything, particularly when it comes to understanding what I was saying…

This will be the last time I respond to one of your posts as you are so clearly well informed and I am so clearly not that it makes no sense to try and discuss anything with you.

Thanks for keeping me so well informed with all of your facts and evidence, devoid of any assumption or conjecture on your part. It really helps when you know exactly what I am thinking and saying. You’ve taught me a lot about racism “MikeH”.

It’s been enlightening, that’s for sure.

If you actually knew anything about Jim and his encounters with Utah police in particular. To suggest only blacks encounter bad police is absurd.

His comment about 3 or 4 blacks a year was based on the article, you and KC. The division problem was accurate.

You obviously have several problems with your thinking in many areas. But the way police are now being targeted by liberals and black agitators is disgusting and dangerous. But not half as dangerous as your attacks on free speech and religious beliefs.

What encounters with police have I had in Utah?

I had ONE disturbing incident with the campus police at BYU when my brother and I were accused of stealing somebody’s car “bra”. There were other (non law enforcement) events I had, while a student there, that bothered me about the overall BYU experience.

Too many phonies and posers for me at BYU… they need MORE (because I know they are there) down to earth, level headed, logical thinking people at BYU. It is why I beat the “bubble” with a stick all the time.

Wasn’t there an accident that police were way off base with their assertions?

Gang members sometimes infiltrate the police departments to get access to inside information and make it easier for their gangs to commit crimes without being caught. I was a victim of such a crime where my house was broken into my the police and identified by others in my complex.

I think that raciest sometimes infiltrate the police in order to try to get away legally with committing raciest crimes. We see far too many white cops shooting far too many black kids without weapons.

On the most part, baring the said exceptions, I think that most or our police are pretty good and we should be grateful for them, as we make much stronger background checks before allowing anyone to carry a badge and a weapon.

Jim,

Don’t be angry with Mike. Instead, listen to what he is saying. He really makes since.

I don’t see anything that he said as an attack on you, unless you are a raciest, which I do not believe that you are.

Instead, I see a well thought out explanation for where we need to improve our way of doing things.

We need to do a much more thorough back ground check for all persons wishing to join the police force. Those with gang member history or association along with those identified as a raciest should not be allowed to join any police force.

Police go through pretty intense background checks already. In addition to a complete background check they have to take a polygraph test, psych test, and several interviews with persons trained on interrogation. Of course bad ones can always make it through, but most police applicants have to wait 4-6 months for the background check to be completed. It’s hard to keep someone waiting that long for a job. I agree with you, most cops are good but I’m not sure a more rigid application process would do much other than discourage people from applying in the first place. We just need to make sure the bad ones are kicked off the force, and prosecuted where applicable, so they are no longer cops.

grasshopper,

While most citizens can remember at least 10 different non black police officers killing a black, I doubt if you can name one black police officer that killed a white person.

Nope, I don’t remember 10 white officers killing blacks. Not that it doesn’t happen. I see officers killing thugs black and white. And, all those blacks killed by black officers too.
It’s sad to see race relations fall back into the crapper. That’s what is happening.

Ron I’m not sure what you are saying, are you saying that more black people are killed by police officers than any other race or are you saying that the media only seems to cover the cases where blacks are killed and not when whites are killed?

Cassius,

I think you make a good point.

I believe that both scenarios of which you speak are true.

As you suggest, We have read a lot about those black kids that have been killed by police officers and we never seem to hear about white people being killed by white or black police officers, so yes, I believe that both of your scenarios are probably correct. Thanks.

Ron

Okay thank you for the clarification, just wanted to make sure I understood what you were saying. Go cougs!