Cougar fans sometimes disagree on the process to achieve the same goal

grasshopper,

You remind me of a very important scripture in the Bible,

“Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do”

What a lesson that is for all of us to follow.
Perhaps for me, it is one of the most difficult ones.
But I am trying.

Such baloney. Ron, you have wanted BYU to do away with the honor code. Not me. I’m very clear that the HC should stay. It’s you and others hat have pointed out the HC keeps players from coming to BYU. I agree that’s a reason. But I don’t want to see that changes just so we can play in a P5 conference. You do.

grasshopper,

You continue to prove what I just said about you. You take what is in your head as reality while reality completely avoids you.

In almost every post I write, I say that Honor Code is NOT the problem. It is the HC that people, (like you grasshopper), like to use as an excuse for not wanting our Cougars to do anything to improve their chances for success.

Check all of my back and current posting and you will find that to be true.

Also grasshopper, I stated that while you criticize everyone that tries to make suggestions that could help the Cougars to achieve at the needed level for success, you have never made suggestions for the Cougars to improve. If you have the courage to go back into the records, you will find both statements true.

I am not trying to pick an argument with you. Instead, I am hopeful that you will STOP accusing those that love the Cougars enough to try to find ways for them to improve, as being unfaithful to the Church and it’s leaders. You are not the only good and correct person on this site. I think you mean well but act out in a harmful way.

All yes grasshopper, if we do not understand things the way that you understand them, that must mean that it is we, (not you),that misunderstood. I see your reasoning. It definitely follows a pattern

grasshopper, I have come to the conclusion that one of two things must be true regarding you.

1, You are not capable of understanding what is being said and what is trying to get accomplished in a positive way, or
2. You are not a very nice person.

If one is true, I totally am sorry for all that I have said regarding your statements and I ask for forgiveness as it is really not your fault.

On the other hand, if it is #2 that is true, I will continune pointing out your rudeness and arrogance each time it shows its face.

It just dawned on me, (sometimes I am a slow learner too), that both #1 and #2 could be true, in which case I will try to be more gentle with you.

I like and I agree with your thinking and your posting.

Ron

QUOTE:
“Sundance3d Floyd_Edwards
ok i know this is an old post and i shouldnt probably respond to it, but never-the-less I will. out of anyone i’ve read, you probably have the best grasp on the HC conduct. in essence, there are some reasonable requests we can make of students if they are to attend BYU. I actually like the Oral Roberts version. i dont care for extremists who take their personal prejudices and try and inflict them on other people. Just like coke, other things will be falling by the wayside soon. Whether a person has lengthly hair or a trimmed beard or handle bar mustache does not keep them out of what is truly the Lords house-the temples-and it certainly shouldnt keep them out of a university which is certainly not the Lord’s Un iversity, even if i am partial to BYU. if some could be so idiotic to say that Jesus didnt have a beard-who really cares?-it would be more idiotic to suggest that half the church presidents didnt sport beards. i don’t care if anyone prefers clean shaven faces-thats their right to groom themselves to their own comforts, but that is where it should end. In the end BYU is what it was intended to be-an institution of higher learning-teachers of correct principles-instructors of tolerance. It was not chartered to be an instrument of discrimination or intolerance”

While i realize that neither of you agree with all that I suggest, each of you give intelligent and thoughtful replies suggesting different points of few that I read and most often agree to. I feel like while the three of us, Floyd, Sundance and Ron, don’t always see the same things alike, the three of us are more alike than anyone else on this site. I also agree often with what
Clausewitz has to say. I like his posting.

I particular like the [quote=“Sundance, post:82, topic:7705, full:true”]
" I actually like the Oral Roberts version. i dont care for extremists who take their personal prejudices and try and inflict them on other people".

I like the sanity that I feel when the three of you, including Clausewitz post. Thank you.

grasshopper,
Are you/were you really a state licensed credentialed teacher? Utah ??? What state???

You remind me very much of a book I read in the middle 1950’s after I came home from military duty in Germany.
It was called, “How to win friends and influence people” 65 years later, after the printing, I still recommend it to you as
important reading.

I received my teaching degree at BYU. I taught 18 years in California and then switched gears into business. Coached 10 years.
May I make a suggestion. When you begin to write 2,000 page statements, scale down to a couple of shorter paragraphs. Then, we might be able to know where you stand :slight_smile:

Read it :slight_smile:
Dale Carnegie was quite and architect. You would be surprised what I’m capable of. I can peel back layers a person has all different ways as I have in here. I actually know how great everyone is in here and their strengths and weaknesses. That’s why I’m trying to help everyone understand coaching and basketball better :rofl:

:smile:

“I actually know how great everyone is in here and their strengths and weaknesses.”

Not likely… very few people truly knows what my strengths and weaknesses are, Many people “THINK” they know, but that is just another delusion they are in.

Ummm…after years yes it is.

grasshopper,
thanks for the suggestion.

Rub: We have some new OC and his new staff. Let’s give them 2-3 years to see what happens.That includes the HC too.

Or Ron, you could just ignore the Hopper, That has worked very well. It’s not like anything you have to write will be valued or understood.

Thank you grasshopper.

I will try to take your advise, as usual. In the meantime, if you would really like to know where I stand, I would be happy to try to let you know in most any area that you request. Also, I think that you made a wise decision when you switched to business. Good luck with all of your business ventures.

Ron

grasshopper,

I am grateful for your wise decision to make a career change to business. I wish you well. Have a nice day.

Ron

The sevrice academies have many HC problems as BYU. There has been many cheating scandals over the years at West Point, Navy, and the AFA. There have been many sexual scandals at all three of the major military academies.This particular problem is centered on two situations: 1) the HC rules that cadets or plebes cannot get married until they graduate (al la like the Priesthood in the Roman Catholic Church). 2) the influx of women into the academies with the strict sexual morality rules similar to those at BYU. In addition the moral codes at the service academies are forced on people who have not necessarily lived celebrate live as do most LDS kids.

The situation they find themselves in is extremely difficult. I don’t understand all of those stupid rules and why they apply them in the way they do. They have created a recipe for disaster and expect that everything will work out fine.

It is ridiculous.