BYU vs. ECU... here we go

I know nobody cares but my niece plays on a soccer team that is coached by Almond’s Dad. My Dad was talking to him today and he was pretty byummed about the football team.

Incidentally, my niece won her game today 1-0.

1 Like

Because there are so many bad pieces…I’m having a problem seeing what is good.

Ula is good but flawed. He can fix that
Hifo is fast and he gets open.
Tanner is fast but he can’t seem to get in sync…or maybe that’s mangum’s fault.
The line…I’m actually a little bit upbeat about some of them.
Bushman is good, not great.

Next season is full of hope and potential.

I’m more and more convinced his brain is the problem or the root of many problems.

BYU plays some pretty bad teams the rest of the way, outside of Fresno State, there aren’t any others that are very good.

But can they beat those teams?

I’m guessing 3 or 4 wins…maybe.

So do we vote? Is this the worst team in the last 50 years?

You measure the size of the dumpster fire…It’s more empirical.

How many times were we inside the 10 tonight and couldn’t score?

And the one where we got the ball on the 20 doesn’t count.

Bushman is a freshman…

In other words we should have won this game by out scoring them…

Yeah you’re right. Slack is now given. He’ll be a great player. Now lets bite the bullet and let people go.

Maybe if we play another quarterback next year.

Yes. Go back to the drawing board and pick a different QB. I know Tanner is skilled but he is a head case. I’m sad for him. But it’s true.

Right on Clausewitz. I like Tanner, but he has lost it.

So far 1-7 and 7 straight losses. YES it is bad. I’m guessing the next win would be against UMASS and that as long TM still playing. Will he stay for another year? I don’t know.

I like him too. It all started after those 1st qtr TO’s against Utah at LV Bowl.

I’m not sure BYU can beat UMass. I am watching Fresno St. dominate SDSU right now so that is a sure loss.

No bowl game this year, BYU will be fortunate to win 2 or 3 games for the entire season.

If we play with this strategy we are losing to Fresno St. But if we make changes then we have a chance. There is talent here. Maybe I’m fooling myself, but I think a change may lead to success.

Stop being predictable. 3 and 20 = Draw play…
Bench Mangum
Let loose, take some risks.

If you fail, at least you gave yourself the best chance to win.

My second thoughts after the Post Game show on BYUtv. Yes, Bench Tanner, let him watch a bit from the sidelines. I agree with the BYUtv Post Game panel. Shake things up. Perhaps put Ty Detmer up in the Booth. Have the play calls sent down to Kiliane. Put the Defensive Coach up in the booth with Ty and have him send defensive calls to Ed Lamb or perhaps some other Asst. Coach. The coach on the sidelines can over rule the defensive calls if deemed necessary. Perhaps Kilane can call the defensive reps and/or Ed Lamb the offensive one after Ty calls them from the booth. Try what ever. Perhaps Tanner could start against SDSU with the notion that if he fails to score either in the first quarter or later he gets benched and Critchlow comes in to QB. Be flexible. Possibly switch the QB’s in and out. If and when Hoge is healthy, put him in the mix too.