BYU football at an all time low

I am all ears if anybody wants to try and convince me differently, that the football program just hit a new low by losing to UMass at home. Honestly, how can it get any worse? How do you score 3 points against the #92 ranked scoring defense in the nation on your home field? and yes, the last garbage time TD shouldn’t count so I am sticking with 3 points.

I had been wearing a Y hat to the school where I work and I think it is time to put it in the closet.

So go ahead and try to convince me that this isn’t the lowest the football program has ever been…

Oh wait, they had 3 home wins coming into the game vs. BYU, over Georgia Southern, Maine and a double overtime thriller against Appalachian State. I guess that makes them good enough to beat BYU…

Could be the worst loss in BYU’s history. 3 lousy points against a team that was giving up 31 a game? and they did that at home? Wow… yes, the worst loss in the history of BYU football.

I don’t know if it’s the worst. But, we saw once again the inability to score touchdowns when we get to the 20 yardline. That has happened all year long. Would Tolatau have made a difference? Why did we go away from Canada? And, there was little blocking for him and Critchlow. And, the quick passes to the WR out at the sideline. Every team we’ve played throws that with a blocker or two in front of them. We threw that a few times and there were no blockers. I don’t get it.
With that said, the future looks bright as there will be all out competition for QB and running backs. Same with WR. Critchlow looked like a freshman this game. But, he still has a good touch on the ball that the other QBs don’t. The OL play today was horrible and had been pretty good all year. One more game!

Jim,
riddle me this…

is the bad play on the field the results of
A) lack of talent from the players?
B) Coaches inability to judge good talent?

I heard from a source the Empey likes to play favorites instead of playing the best. that is why the two SUU players who transferred started the last two years.

having watched the Oline this year, Empey needs to go…

I think we have the best coaching staff in the country. This is a young team loaded with talent and will win the National Championship next season.

1 Like

Dear Blue in Provo, I would keep wearing my Zoob hat proudly!! Youg talented Team loaded with PAC12 talent and greatest coaching staff in the country. In 2018 I feel this is a National Championship team.

heard something interesting Jim, thought you might like to hear It.

according to source I know, After the 4th or 5th game, Tom Holmoe went to Kalani and told him some of his coaches had to go… Kalani said “No”…

same source said the team is basically divided into groups, basics ally along entice lines. they don’t apparently come together as a team.

several players have thought about transferring because of it…

NOT SAYING THIS IS TRUE, but just what someone who has access to the sports programs has observed.

maybe that is why we suck this year?

Would that have changed anything? How do you win with QBs getting hurt every week? I think after next year you may see coaches go if the outcome is the same.