BYU and the LGBT community

What is the “problem” put on gays? And who is putting these “problems” on gays?

It is probably the predisposition to lean one way other the other. Gay or straight . You said God didnt create disasters… But he certainly did create the environment that will generate natural disasters. All part of building faith and making choices. Who knows what occurred in premortal life? God put us on Earth in the circumstances that we agreed too…to allow us to prove ourselves.

What do you mean who knows what went on in the preexistence? POGP and Rev. To start with. I don’t see what that has to do with gays?
God put in motion His plan. We have our agency to choose good or evil. I don’t see where the Church has a “problem.” I don’t see where the Church is the “problem.” Do you?

The problem with gays is there are a$$holes like you, Scott

We should . . . be good listeners and show concern for the sincere belief [of others.] Though we may disagree, we should not be disagreeable

First off, there is no such thing as preexistence.
Premortal life is the correct term. Second, Jesus created this Earth under the direction the Father. It is the Father’s plan and all of the environmental aspects of our lives were and are known to the Father. So, all disasters on the Earth are Known by the Father. Predisposition or things in the genes of all people on Earth will play a role in the choices God’s children will make. The issue is our ability to put off the natural man and make decisions that are hard for us to make. It appears that some cases of same sex attraction, maybe the majority, are in the genes. Heavenly Father knew that this issue of same sex attraction would be an issue for some of his children. We all have issues to deal with where we attempt to put off the natural man. We are commanded to love all of our brothers and sisters. God will conduct the final judgement and will take all factors into consideration and his judgement will be completely fair.

1 Like

You have a problem when you start spoutng off that prophets and scriptures agree with you! Do you see that small but very large difference?

And how’s that going disagreeing? LGBT is winning the battle of good vs. evil. Along with this, we are seeing society accepting other sin as good. 2nd Coming is around the corner. Who is on the Lord’s side and can say they defended the kingdom of God or succumbed to peer and political pressure?

I see a problem when you don’t agree with prophets and scripture. Do you?

And, I see no disagreement. Preexistence and premortal have been used interchangeably by the brethren.

The terms are not interchangable. One is nonsense. General authorities have tried to correct the error that members have proprogated for decades. Give me one reference in general conference or church publications in the last 25 years that show a GA using the non sense term.

Yes I see a problem when someone doesnt agree with a prophet. But not when they don’t agree with you.

That is pure Hopper doctrine. It maybe isn’t church doctrine. People certainly could be born gay. You don’t know that.

So you are deciding what is church doctrine now? And, pure doctrine isn’t taught by the Church now?

You will find the term preexistence in Church publications and recent ones at that. Preexistence refers to pre-mortal existence. Show one GA that has objected the word.

If you are right, give me one example over the last 25 years. Shouldn’t be hard for you to do that, but it appears you are having a difficult time with a number of doctrinal issues right now.

Please explain in to me how it is possible to exist before one actually exists?? Not only isn’t the word not part of gospel doctrine, it makes no sense. I should have guessed that you would be the one to use it!

Intelligent people that understand doctrine of the Church don’t cast doubt on First Presidency teachings like the proclamation of the family that homosexual behavior and acts are sin.
Intelligent people know what the word preexistence means and refers to. It may just be a lazy way to refer to pre-mortal existence. But, you get all tied up over a well used word found in many publications including the Topical Guide.

Those who can’t express themselves without bad language have run out of ideas and show minimal education. What you wrote is also unreadable.

Give me one statement of a GA stating that the word has to be removed?

However I’m agreeing with the prophet and you aren’t.