BYU 3 PT Shooting Analysis— The Gauntlet

I think the post just before this one had Pmac saying 8-12 minutes for Knell. How is that not playing at all? I appreciate your propensity to argue all the time but at least do it with some common sense and comprehension for what others are posting. Stop making things up to justify your opinion, it doesn’t work. Stay on task and focus. Tell us all why Knell deserves 28 minutes in a game BYU could have won but eventually lost… he had 6 points and didn’t contribute a whole lot more.Should he get playing time? Of course! but how much is the question. He isn’t contributing enough to warrant big minutes, so he should play less minutes. That is all anyone is saying. Now… having said that it wouldn’t surprise me if he has a good scoring game against an inferior opponent, at home tonight.

Like I said in the OSU thread:
“in our blowout loss, Keller (22 pts) and Garrison (21 pts) destroyed BYU…both are freshmen! Both are not, I repeat, not primary players. This was by far our worse defensive game of the entire season and an embarrassment that 2 fr. scored 43 points on BYU.
We allowed them to make 11-22 threes, also our worst beating of the season.
BYU rebounded 18 ORs and 18 DRs to their 6ORs and 24 D rebounds, so we killed them on the boards”

Between Garrison and Keller, they average 6.7 and 7.4 points per game and about 1.5 rebs per game.
BYU GAVE these 2 fr. 30 points over their average! ball game

I keep harping on this that isn’t whether he scores 6 points or 26 points. It’s that we have only 7 players that really can give us points and/or defense. We are burned out at the end of the year. None of those 7 should have to play 30-35 minutes a game. We run out of gas. Knell has to be in the rotation 15-25 minutes because there is no one else to give rest time. Stewart doesn’t shoot or try to score. Easy to defend. It’s about giving those 7 enough rest. Hall is playing 35 minutes and ends up dribbling the ball off his leg.

There is some truth to what you are saying but nobody listens when you keep harping on this misguided idea that Knell should be playing 25 minutes. Unless he is hitting his shots (which hasn’t happened on a consistent basis for a long time) then he is a liability. There are more than 5 guys who can play in order for Hall or Saunders to get some rest. Knell doesn’t do enough to warrant 25 minutes. Fish broke it down for you and you still argued the plan.

2 Likes

That sounds about right if he’s hitting his shots at home 25 minutes no problem. On the road. 15 minutes. No problem I like Knell a lot. I just don’t like him when our shots aren’t falling. Because he plays no defense

Hopper you have to own it. You kept saying Knell place defense. KNell does not play defense unless you call shadowboxing defense.

Knell got 23 minutes in this last home game. Played pretty good in the second half once OSU’s guards got tired. I’d say he had 10 minutes too many, hahahahaha

But as Hopper says, and it is a good point, you have to sub in some guys to alleviate the starters
Knell’s 1-4 from 3land is not what I hoped for but he did make an elite drive and pass to Foos for And1.

Atiki on the other hand Killed us when he played, he has not business playing any minutes. He plays 1 minute and OSU gets 8 points from it. geeeees

Oh, the guards got tired but took of 15 points from our lead. Right. And, it was all Atiki’s fault. Atiki didn’t play well but not the only reason for the OKS run. Nice bounce back! 10-8 when everyone had them 6-12 for the league.

pretty much, hahahaha 8 points in 1 minute= two 3s and a duce. Here’s how messed up your arguing is…you would defend Atiki’s performance rather then concede that he has digressed to the point that BYU can’t play him.
Cring moment…play Atiki along with Knell, YIKES!

you know, Hopper, I threw you a huge complement:

And you choose to argue about Atiki.

or argue about LeBron and KD by using AI Chat.

So, Atiki was guarding the 3 point shooting guard? That’s how messed up you reasoning is. :rofl:

Its a conundrum…

nobody can make sense of it. I’ve been trying for years.

Yes, half your point was a complement of sorts. Sort of. But the comment about Atiki?

Translation - I can’t accept a compliment because I can’t argue with it… but I will find a way.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll copy and paste so you can see I agree with different parts of a post and disagree with other parts. I would think that someone with a 180 IQ would understand.