Are you really voting on principles?

I had a conversation with my sister and daughter, who both live in Salt Lake. They said to me that they couldn’t vote for Trump because he seems to be a loose canon, and out of principles could not vote for him. So, I asked: 1) Which of the two parties principles line up best with your own? Of course, they are against abortion, nationalized education (common core), the over-bearance of the LGBTQ “movement”, and the many liberal views on legalized marijuana, 2nd amendment, etc. 2) Are you more bothered by the lies, deception, pay for play, email scandal, the political machine of Hillary Clinton, or the “loose canon” Trump? They were both more bothered by Clinton by a large margin. They finally admitted that will likely vote for Trump. The scariest thing of all to me, is who Hillary would appoint to the Supreme Court. You know that it would be the most liberal possible, and the Republican majority hasn’t seemed to have the nerve to do the right or stop anything lately. Johnson couldn’t possibly ever ever ever win the election, and a vote for Johnson and a non-vote IS A VOTE FOR Clinton. So if your principles don’t support Trump, then they support Clinton. Are you OK with that??? I live in California, and a once divided state, is now predominately liberal, topped with ultra ultra liberal. The liberal agenda is moving along so quickly that it makes me sick. I almost feel like that if the liberals win this election that we may never be able to recover. I would like to hear what you all are thinking.

1 Like

Good reasoning. Any vote for Clinton is a vote against the constitution that so many have given their lives for. Personally, I believe we have gone beyond the point of no return. However we must do our part no matter how the cards seem to be stacked against us. The very substance of a strong country is law and civil order. We have lost that respect and when things get difficult, as they most certainly will-cities will burn. We habitually blame others for the ills of society, but in reality we have no one to blame but ourselves. You can’t ever go to sleep at the switch-things change in a heartbeat. Sad to think that Trump is our only hope to resist the devastation facing us and more importantly our children’s future.

I used to like Glenn Beck. But his “principles” are attacking my principles that a liberal SCOTUS is a sure fire way towards the suspension of the Constitution. Beck thinks Trump will be a tyrant. I disagree with his reasons. He’s been right on a lot of things in the past. He’s wrong on this one.

I don’t know if this comment will pass the language police on this site but I think we are in a no win situation… damned if we do and damned if we don’t.

Let’s be honest here… this country is screwed right now. We are truly seeing the day that has been prophesied to come where evil is called good and good called evil.

The 49 er QB has the “right” to say and do whatever he wants when it is against this country and the flag that represents it, but nobody in the nfl has a right to wear a patch that honors the police who died protecting people’s rights to protest, of all things, the police.
Women have the “right” to kill their unborn babies with abortion but those who stand up for those unborn children don’t have the right to do what they do by protesting the abortions.

Prisoners have all these rights while they serve time for their crimes in “lock-up” while the rights of the free are being eroded and lost as we move forward.

Men have the right to marry men and women marry women but the majority of people don’t have the right to define “marriage” the way God intended it for the fulfillment of his eternal plan of happiness. This has nothing to do with the inalienable rights given to all people.

Soon we will not be able to worship freely… it is coming.

Jim,

I think you could sum up your comments in two words… “Double Standards”.

I think you are on the write track…

I went to a fireside about the temple (importance of going)… I Heard some interesting comments that refers to what you are talking about and how the Temple can solve these issues (based on words from the brethren).

If you are interested in looking at the slides (about 72 of them), let me know.